"Veronica tries to help a classmate track down his long lost father, but with very little to go on, she finds the task more daunting than she thought. Meanwhile, Keith meets with school guidance counselor Rebecca James to discuss Veronica's feelings about Lilly's murder."
- So we start with a group of nerds.
- Even though Troy turns out to be an (evil reveal), I kinda dig him at this point. Anyone who can match wits with Veronica is ok with me.
- “I’m gonna go to the library.” - Really? Neptune’s library is open this late? I know it’s an excuse, but it’s not a viable one.
- Mrs. Kane chopped her hair off. I like it.
- Hey Melissa Leo!
- “I hate it when they talk.” Wow, Logan.
- Aww, Keith meets Wallace.
- “Wallace is a friend of mine. Take that, high school Guidance Counselor.”
- Veronica’s administrative file. I’d love to see this.
- Oh man, burning CDs. Wallace, “He brought you a mix tape!” I love it.
- Veronica totally regrets not kissing the Ashmore.
- Hey what a coincidence that Justin would get this letter at the same time Veronica is confronting him about lying.
- “The hero is the one that stays. And the Villain is the one that splits." So wise. I love that sentiment. And I love how pointedly she says it.
- OMG, all the cool boys are sitting on the bleachers. Last episode was West Side Story; this episode is Grease.
- HAha, Duncan feels it, singing, “Summer Lovin’” ….badly.
- I really like the casting of Kyle Secor as Jake Kane. He doesn’t look like your typical rich guy – but weirdly enough, he does look like an aged rich teenager….if that makes any sense at all. Like Logan with Grey hair?
- Veronica! Get Bluetooth! Stop driving while on your cell!
- Lilly hallucination (dream)! Amanda Seyfried is so good in this
- I mean kudos to Veronica Mars for having a trans character and not treating it as a joke…Of course they could have gotten a real trans actress. But again, 2003. It’s pretty awesome for that time.
- Aww, Keith flirting is adorable. Even though he totally used his detective skills to find out what coffee shop she goes to.
- Veronica is so damn vulnerable when it comes to her mom. But I mean, again, I hate to hammer this point – but that’s what makes this show so enjoyable. Veronica is such a well rounded character.
- Is he Scott Bakula's son?
|it's the eyebrows|
- Aw Troy is kind of charming. Too bad he turns out to be a toxic dumpster fire
- "I'm old school. An eye for an eye." // "I think that's actually Old Testament." I love the Marses (although google tells me it's actually that kooky Babylonian, Hammurabi)
- So Duncan's life sucks. Veronica and her Dad may not be seeing eye to eye, but at least they both know how much they love each other. There's no evidence of any kind of love in what's left of the Kane family.
|Kanes at supper. Very American Beauty.|
- Also wow Celeste got a haircut since the Pilot.
- Duncan's flushing his antidepressants down the sink. I wonder if the writers were trying to explain the actor's lack of emoting with the antidepressants. I mean, it is also completely sense-making that he'd be on them, with everything that's happened.
- Wow though, Veronica kicking a doorstop under the door to keep girls out of the bathroom is colllllld.
- gasp! Justin's dad is dead! he's hoodwinking Veronica! (except we know the future and he's wrong)
- "Wallace is a friend of mine. Take that, high school guidance counselor."
- "Part of me is proud, and ... let's just leave it at that."
- Wallace's face, figuring out the kid has a crush on Veronica. Delightful
- lotta Duncan/Veronica fantasizing about each other this episode. Very Bangel, much "Amends."
- welp, this Justin kid is an even worse actor than Duncan. "It's from my father," but with less inflection than my typing indicates.
- man, Keith's face when Veronica's saying the kid is better off without knowing the parent who abandoned him. I see what you're doing, show.
- "The hero is the one that stays, and the villain is the one that splits." // "I don't think that's a healthy perspective."
- Oh Duncan, you poor broken child, stop jumping off bleachers because your ex-girlfriend slash maybe spoiler is kissing someone.
- I actually think Kyle Secor, who plays Jake Kane, is pretty terrific at getting the nuances of the character, the conflict, the things he can't say. The man is full of subtext.
- I like that the show isn't making light of going off meds, while also not condemning taking or not taking meds.
- Veronica: "Try not to look conspicuous." // Justin: *leaves car, crosses traffic and confronts his maybe-dad*
- Many props to the show for bucking the toxic Hollywood trend, by actually casting a woman to play a trans woman, instead of a cis man in drag. It's not quite as good as casting a trans actress, but it's significantly better than casting a man in the role.
- "Ninety miles." // "What's ninety miles?" // "It's the distance your dad travels every week to see you for a few seconds."
- And Duncan chooses the "haze" of taking his antidepressants over the anguish of feeling his grief at losing Veronica, at losing Lilly. And you know what? That's fair. He's not ready yet.
Favorite Lines:Daniel: The hero is the one that stays. And the Villain is the one that splits. - Veronica
Zelda: Keith: So how did she rope you into this? // Wallace: She promised me all the answer keys to - she's promised to be my friend.
- Neptune Roll Call: Duncan, Logan, Wallace (Absent: Weevil, Mallory Dent)
- First Appearance: Rebecca James
- Recurring: Troy Vandergraff, Jake Kane, Celeste Kane, Veronica's "Office," Dick Casablancas, Lilly Kane
- Future Famous Person: Melissa Leo
- Logan's Nicknames: Nowhere Man/Fool on the Hill (both Duncan)
Dead Humans - 0
Backup Sighting - 0
Veronica Breaks In - 0
Mac Hacks - 0
Who's Your Daddy? - 0
Wallace Does Veronica a Favor - 2
Veronica Wants a Pony - 0
Logan Punches Someone - 0
Dick's Single Entendres - 0
Shenanigans Called - 0
VERONICA WAS RIGHT - 0
VERONICA WAS WRONG - 0