"When Duncan disappears with Meg's baby, Lamb must work with two FBI agents to extract as much information as possible from an uncooperative Veronica. Meanwhile, Wallace reveals the real reason he returned to Neptune, and Weevil and Logan make a breakthrough in their hunt for the rogue gang member."
- I mean – the banter between Veronica and Logan is so amazing and it’s a testament to the actors. This whole snow white/mopey/sleazy word play is so quick.
- Why…is Dick giving Veronica advice? It’s weird. Like they’re friends? But also, of course he’s being sleazy.
- And Duncan and Veronica are fighting. In public. And the first time I saw this, man. But I know what this is really about. And seeing this scene, knowing what’s coming is kinda cool. It’s like having an inside track into the mind of Veronica and her plans.
- She’s even playing Daddy Mars, sitting in her room in her sweats, listening to sappy music. But here’s the thing. It’s not a total act. She does still love Duncan; this is still an end for her.
- And Keith is such a good dad. He’s always there for Veronica…even when she’s playing him.
- Even Back-up’s trying to make Veronica feel better, licking her face.
- And then there’s Wallace. We didn’t really see what happened after Wallace came back in the last episode but it seems like he and Veronica are fast friends again.
- But even he doesn’t know what’s going on. And I think that says a lot about Veronica – nothing is more important than the mission. No time for weaknesses.
- Duncan’s missing. And now Veronica’s being charged with kidnapping. With absolutely no evidence. So there’s that.
- There's some evidence, but it's mostly circumstantial and Veronica easily explains it away. She understands every second of this plan. It’s why she was born to be a detective.
- Ken Marino! I love when he’s on this.
- And besides class warfare, I don’t really get why Duncan’s mom hates Veronica so much. She’s helped them out a lot. She found her daughter’s killer.
- I’m glad Veronica brought up the fact to Lamb that he knows the kid is better off with Duncan than with the abusive Mannings. I still don’t know why the Mannings haven’t been prosecuted.
- Vinnie and Veronica – keep trying to bug each other. I love it. I love their friendly rivalry.
- Are they actually having a class to teach them how to use a search engine?
- Hey, it’s FBI Agent Xena.
- Agent Xena is kind of an asshole.
- And I mean, it’s Lamb, so I don’t care.
- Agent Xena says she’s interrogated al qaeda members. She can handle a teenager.
- SHE HAS NOT MET VERONICA. Love this set-up.
- Lamb likes to think he’s smart. But Veronica is twice as smart as he is, and always a few steps ahead.
- Like if Agent Xena talked to me that way, I would not take it. But…I’m not Lamb.
- Ken Marino is so good. And I like that Vinnie is smart enough to be a match for Veronica. She needs a challenge – even though she will always win.
- I haven’t been talking about this B plot at all with Logan and Weevil – because I mostly don’t care. I do like them working together, though.
- So Wallace has an “I know what you did last summer” plot line that he’s trying to run from.
- It’s also nice that Veronica is taking time out of her Duncan shenanigans to follow up on her best friend Wallace.
- I remember this phone call thing – it's a well timed recording. Those things can trick ya.
- And then finally the reveal that Veronica was *gasp* working with Duncan the whole time.
- There are two bathrooms in this tiny tiny apartment?
- Wuvs, the fake diapers.
|We wuv it!|
- And now Keith has figured it out. He *is* a detective.
- Keith is really upset but the things he’s saying is breaking my heart. He’s always so worried about her. She’s capable, sure, but she’s still his child.
- And of course, even when he’s upset with her – he protects her: He hid the diapers. He played it cool with the detectives.
- Vinnie Van Lowe was in on it too? I guess that’s what the letter was about. I truly forgot that part.
- It’s such a small thing, but I’m glad there’s a photo of Lilly in Veronica’s room.
- And that’s a wrap for Duncan Kane.
- whoooohooooo I'm excited for this twisty turny Duncan exit
- though I'll admit right now that I don't understand the title of the episode
- very considerate exposition in the elevator from Logan and V about Dead Meg, the baby, and LoVe baggage
- And Duncan lies. "Where were you yesterday?" // "I stayed home." // "No, you didn't."
- This fight is escalating quickly. And Veronica is acting the shit out of it. Note I said Veronica, not Kristen (although she is also acting the shit out of it) because IT'S ALL AN ACT
- Except we only know that because this is Once More With Extreme Prejudice, where we know everything and remember knowing nothing.
- So, like, I don't remember thinking "That was a sudden and extreme fight," and that's probably because the writers had been laying the groundwork for episodes leading up to this, of Duncan not communicating with V, and V's increasing frustration over it, so it's an earned explosion in that context, but also Public Breakup is Step One in Rescue Baby Lilly
- Man, though, she's even gotta fool Keith (and it's working - for now) by mope mope moping at home (and sneaking food to Duncan)
- Keith is just the best. "Anything you need, honey, I'm here."
- Daniel and I were just talking about good parents and bad parents on TV. Keith's one of the good ones. Happy Father's Day, Keith!
- HAHAHA SHE'S LISTENING TO THE DAWSON'S CREEK THEME SONG.
- And we're still moving forward efficiently with the Detective Ship of Weevil and Logan. What's their ship name? Weegan? Lovil? WeeLo?
- WALLACE HI WALLACE.
- Gasp V's getting arrested for aiding and abeting Duncan "kidnapping" the baby! We think we know the truth - that she didn't - but for once, Lamb isn't wrong.
- Keith is worried about V's future. Even Cliff looks disheveled.
- God I love/hate Vinnie. He's the worst/best.
- V to Celeste: "It's kinda weird, huh? Hoping Lamb is competent rather than betting he's not."
- Vinnie: *mimes binoculars* // Veronica: *wtf face* // Vinnie: *whispers* call me
- V to Lamb: Let me ask you a question. Do you think the baby is better off now, with Duncan, or with the Mannings?
- But he's just concerned about the rich Kanes being mad at him. His righteous anger at abusive parents is long gone
- Detective Logan is sending Dick in to buy ecstasy from the PCHers
- "You're not real complicated, are you, Dick?" // "Try not to be." Fair.
- hahahaha and Veronica caught the bugged pen Vinnie tried to drop in her bag. I love her.
- Search Engine Olympics? What garbage class is this?
- PLANET ZOWIE. HOW IS THAT A SEARCH ENGINE
- Gasp! V discovers that Wallace was on the basketball team in Chicago, and lied about it
- welp Hector is selling drugs
- I love me some WeeLo espionage
- HI LUCY LAWLESS HI
- I loved you on Sporadicus
- Lamb: "Veronica, why don't you wait outside in the hall?" // V: "Why don't you?" I just love how little she thinks of him. And how little Lucy Xena Cylon Lawless thinks of him.
- Omg stop trying to flirt with Lucy Lawless, Lamb. She's so out of your league, she's out of your Battlestar Galaxy (I'm a little bit sorry but I also am not editing this out of my notes)
- hahahah oh man the FBI agents really enjoy how much V mocks Lamb. They are us and we are they.
- Veronica finds Vinnie camped out in a van watching her. "Mornin', Sam." // "Mornin', Ralph. Fritter?"
- Hmmmmm. Now WeeLo are having a meeting in the boy's bathroom. Is this WeeLo's Office?
- Weevil's shoulder tattoo says "The Good Must Suffer." Ouch, Weev.
- "You know why the Reaper was called that?" // "He lost a bet?" Mr. Nickname-Granter is mocking nicknames?
- Aw man, Wallace's real Chicago story is sad. His buddy Rashard did a hit and run.
- V and Duncan, staging another public conversation, even sneakier this time: a phone conversation on a tapped line, and his half is entirely pre-recorded VERONICA IS SO SMART
- And GASP they finally let the audience in on it, V sneaking into the apartment next door, and running to kiss Duncan, before sneaking him out for real.
- And they have their final goodbye kiss, and I cheer.
- Did we know the Mars apartment had two bathrooms?
- Whoops Keith found the diapers and the secret door to the Duncan apartment.
- But he has the presence of mind to play it cool in the voicemail he leaves her because he knows someone could be listening.
- Welcome to Mexico, Sheriff Lamb, and whomever you just inadvertently sneaked into the country in your trunk.
- Keith: "It's not just your life you're gambling with, Veronica. I would not survive without you."
- "You played ME, Veronica" He's so hurt. "I love you, I'll always love you, but I don't know how I'll ever trust you again." ooof it hurts
- But at least Keith destroyed the evidence before the FBI showed up
- And then Lamb zooms right past a now-hitchhiking Duncan ... and finds the evidence of the ride-along once he pulls over.
- This is so clever. I dig it. They even looped in Vinnie (at a price) and Astrid, to bring baby Lilly to meet Duncan in Mexico.
- Although I gotta say, if Keith ever finds out that VINNIE was read in on the plan, but he wasn't? That's gonna sting. Same for Logan, if he ever learns the full story.
- D: "She thinks you're Veronica." A: "Yeah so does the FBI"
Daniel: Veronica: "I guess that makes me Snow White." Logan:"You must be on your way to see Mopey." Veronica:"How's he doing, Sleazy?"
Zelda: Lamb: "Veronica, why don't you wait outside in the hall?" // Veronica: "Why don't you?"
Neptune Roll Call: Wallace, Duncan, Logan, Weevil, Dick (Absent: Beaver, Jackie)
First Appearance: Super Huge Deputy
Recurring: Kendall Casablancas, Sheriff Don Lamb, Cliff McCormack, Deputy Jerry Sacks, Vinnie Van Lowe, Celeste Kane, Coach Preppernau (previously known as only Coach or Teacher), Hector, Sean Friedrich, Thumper, Astrid
Generally Known TV Face: Lucy Xena Cylon Lawless
Logan's Nicknames: Mopey (Duncan), Angel of Mercy (Veronica)
Veronica's Nicknames: Sleazy (Logan)
Sheriff Don Lamb's Nicknames: Brer Rabbit (Veronica)
Dead Humans - 0
Backup Sighting - 1
Veronica Breaks In - 0
Veronica Tases Someone - 0
Mac Hacks - 0
Who's Your Daddy? - 0
Wallace Does Veronica a Favor - 0
Veronica Wants a Pony - 0
Logan Punches Someone - 0
Dick's Single Entendres - "Don't make daddy hose you down."
Shenanigans Called - 0
VERONICA WAS RIGHT - 0
VERONICA WAS WRONG - 0