"When Dawn learns her true identity, she runs away - only to encounter Glory."
- Hey! A Buffy birthday!
- “The bigger they are…” “The faster they stomp you into nothing.”
- Oh, the reveal. I’m glad Buffy and Giles finally told the gang about Dawn. It was the right time.
- Ever notice that one of the scenes they show of Xander in the opening credits is of him peeing.
- Oh, except they’re all acting weird.
- So Joyce and Dawn are allowed out of the crypt now? This was just a temporary stay? No more danger?
- “You make a very pretty little girl!”
- “Xander needs help with his thing!”
- “I want the presents!” You’ll have to wait for the 4th of July, Anya.
|I wish it was mine!|
- “It’s a picture of when we visited San Diego that summer.” BECAUSE I WAS ALWAYS HERE.
- Did Willow cut the cake without Buffy?
- Look, Dawn’s annoying but she’s a smart girl. She knows something is going on.
- Teletubbies? Remember when that was a thing?
- Shouldn't Willow’s protection spell be going off right about when Spike picks the lock?
- Dawn’s face when she’s finding out and putting all the pieces together.
- Wow, we’re still talking about Riley.
- I love her reaction. It’s heartbreaking. I mean, imagine finding out you were blipped into existence less than six months ago.
- The one time I’m on Spike’s side. It wasn't his fault she found out. Maybe she should have been told earlier.
- I mean the amount of detail in this spell. Holy crap. All those diaries that were just magically filled.
- I hate the “overhearing the wrong thing" TV trope.
- Dawn’s room is so weird. There’s a foyer!
|Why is there a little room before you get to Dawn's room?!|
- Spike & Buffy are always together when they all split up. It’s like Fred always choosing Daphne over Velma.
- Is Buffy wearing a fur coat? In southern California?
- Dawn is just dumb here. Why would she just tell some random guy. She has to know how dangerous it is.
- Dawn seems to remember the Glory/Ben connection a lot longer than most people do.
- I love that Glory always fights in an evening gown.
- Willow & Tara throw glitter on Glory. Man that’s the worst. She’ll be seeing that for weeks. Good plan. Oh, the teleportation spell worked too.
- I’m confused as to who or what Ben exactly is. Is he a God too? It seems he might just be a host? But for how long?
- It's Happy Birthday Buffy!
- Also YAY the Council's gone.
- "I know way more about dimensions than Giles does. [Giles frowns] Well I do."
- BTW we got confirmation in the comments on our last post that Nicky was indeed injured (a sprain) and that's why he's still in a cast from Olaf's attack.
- Oh I see, now that we know Glory's a god, she's willing to say it herself? Coulda saved us a lot of time there, show.
- Yep everyone's being weird with Dawn now that they know. But Anya wins. "You make a very pretty little girl!" "Xander needs help with his thing!"
- Oh Dawn. No way is Glory prettier than Buffy.
- "This is extremely suspenseful! I want the presents."
- Oh Dawn. It's not that they don't want you to hear about Xander and Anya's escapades. It's that none of them want to hear about it. Stop bratting.
- "I wasn't lurking. I was standing about. It's a whole different vibe."
- "I'm breaking into the Magic Shop. To steal things." Foreshadowing!
- So I guess the protective spell cast by Willow and Tara wasn't alerted by Spike? He really is neutered.
- Spike is bored. "Hey! Troll hammer!" *thunk* I actually don't think I ever registered that moment before.
- It's a pretty horrifying image, Dawn with the knife and the bleeding arm.
- It's a problem, I know Dawn is in pain, but the "Get out Get Out GET OOOOOUT" makes me laugh.
- "A round of Kick the Spike." Ah, memories, youth, nostalgia, all that.
- "Blobs of energy don't need an education."
- Oh look, my favorite trope of characters overhearing only part of a conversation and taking it the wrong way. No wait, I fucking hate this trope.
- Dawn's breakdown in her room was pretty well done.
- Spike's pep talk would be more effective if he didn't sound so resentful about it.
- Shit man, that's also pretty horrifying. Dawn goes to the mental ward to see the people who see her for what she is.
- "There've been a lot of nights I wish ... she didn't exist either." Gosh, Ben, what could you do to achieve this? there must be some thing you could dooooooooooo
- Gasp Ben is Glory, Glory is Ben!
- Nice of Ben to keep a dress for Glory in his locker. Wonder if any of the other interns have noticed.
- So right now Dawn remembers that Ben is Glory, but we know that knowledge will fade away. That was not clear to me on my initial watch, and I was like "WHY ISN'T DAWN TELLING BUFFY THE WHOLE STORY."
- Um. Shenanigans? Buffy takes Spike with her to hunt for Dawn but they don't try to use his enhanced vampire nostrils to track her?
- I think Glory likes playing Kick the Spike.
- Yay good job Willow and Tara! You transported Glory elsewheres.
- "It doesn't matter where you came from, or how you got here. You are my sister. There's no way you could annoy me so much if you weren't."
Daniel: "You make a very pretty little girl!" - Anya
Zelda: "It doesn't matter where you came from, or how you got here. You are my sister." - Buffy
- First appearance: GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT
- Recurring: Joyce, Tara, Knights of Byzantium, Glory and her minions, Olaf's Troll Hammer, Ben
- Buffy's turning 20. So. Still not allowed to drink.
- Glory's immortal, invulnerable, and insane, but being held in a human body is limiting her extended powers and also she's a brain sucker and is crazy.
- All the Scoobies (including Dawn and Spike) know Dawn is the Key. So does Ben.
- Also Ben is Glory.
- Willow did a spell somewhat outside of her power level, and got a nosebleed for her trouble.
Anya's Hair - blonde, curly, shoulder-length
Dead Humans - 3
Dead Undeads - 0
Giles Unconscious - 0
Giles Cleans His Glasses - 0
Buffy Breaks a Door - 1
Evil Reveal - 0
Unevil Reveal - 0
Shenanigans Called - 1
Apocalypse Called - 0