Episode 4.05: Losing Streak.
"Veronica discovers Keith has been hiding something scary from her. The real reason for Penn’s latest theory on the bomber comes to light. Veronica loses confidence in new friend, Nicole, owner of Comrade Quacks.”
- LOL V and Keith staging a conversation in front of Pizza Patton’s bug.
- Aw damn, I was hoping they’d stage a fake theory for him. Instead they just mocked him and smushed it.
- Oh look another gasbag man shouting his mouth off.
- Langdon dresses him down wonderfully though, pointing out his son was a serial roofier and that he himself is being investigated for tax fraud.
- And then he goes out to the press pool in front of the station and runs his dumbass mouth off. And he’s offering a massive reward for finding the bomber, but … is it US currency or currency for his stupid island? Because I’m gonna guess that money is worth … paper?
- HI BABY NOAH FENNEL
|Two episodes is fine. We have our happy family.|
- HI BEST FRIEND NICOLE, HERE TO RESCUE VERONICA from boring-ass guests at Wallace’s housewarming.
- Where’s Logan, though? I thought he was meeting us here.
- And they are vaping. So many new sides to Veronica now we’re on Hulu.
- I’m glad Veronica has finally agreed with me that Nicole is our new best friend.
- Are you fucking kidding me, part of Nicole’s backstory is that she was raped. Darling TV writers, that’s not like REQUIRED for female character development. I know that it’s a part of reality, and that women of color are also frequent victims, I’m just. I’m tired. I love Nicole and I hate that this happened to her. I also don’t think it’s necessary to have been assaulted in order to be a good defender against assaulters of other women in her own bar.
- Keith’s jumped up excitedly because the fact that Nicole was raped fits into a pattern—each bomb killed a sex offender.
- I don’t want our best friend Nicole to be the bomber. It’s still too early in the season, and she’s our best friend.
- Weevil’s come a-calling at Mars Investigations. “What’s wrong with you, Veronica?” // “You know, there are a range of opinions.”
- Oh, V’s done with Weevil because he took a settlement rather than letting Keith and Cliff go after the Sheriff’s department on his behalf.
- And my question about Jade (Weevil’s wife) is answered: she left town with their kid.
- This is fucking heartbreaking. I miss their friendship. They’re both so angry and hurt.
- I don’t remember if this stuff with Weevil was covered in the books or not. I guess I should reread them.
- Crap, did Keith’s forgetfulness cause a fire? V needs to stop being callous, this is a real problem.
- Cliff has a dog! “You named your dog The Missus.” // “Says the owner of a dog named Pony.”
- So the letter from “the bomber” challenged the Mayor to walk around fully naked? I guess it’s not as bad as that Black Mirror episode.
- Alonzo: “To normal” *toasts his latte* *Naked Mayor and his naked entourage run by*
- Juan Diego confirming that JK is doing business with Weevil. Shit.
- I think V’s right that Clyde is organizing a lot of the mayhem in town. But I think the bomber has to be someone we haven’t thought of yet. In season one, it was someone never suspected but a walking red flag in plain sight. In season two, plain sight but not enough information for us to figure it out on our own. In season three (arc one), he was early accused then seemingly alibied out. There are a lot of ways to play this, to hide the killer.
- But really we need to pay attention to the fact that Keith is having memory problems and it’s fucking scary. It’s a liability to his work and his safety, but it’s also one of the scariest things to happen, to lose your memory.
- Damn, Keith wants to shut down Mars Investigations entirely, not just retire from his desk.
- Vinnie’s going through the bar lost and found box looking for the Maloof ring, which is … not the dumbest plan actually.
- FUCK another bomb, this one in Nicole’s bar. Fuck fuck fuck.
- Who’s dead this time?
- Oh wow, none dead this time. A mercy.
- Criminy, JK Simmons put a dead bird in Pizza Patton’s bed. That’s … well, it’s no horse head.
- Matty is definitely a kid detective in the making.
- Oh wow, Phoenix Land Trust aka Beaver’s shell corporation is buying up properties.
- And Nicole already sold her bar after the first bombing and didn’t tell us.
- I don’t want her to be the bomber. I don’t think she is.
- But just in case, V is bugging our best friend Nicole’s office.
- The Mars’ play with Patton Oswalt a bit before they smash the bug.
- Logan is jealous of Leo – and there’s the Logan we know.
- “Another ding on therapy: it’s like Jazz.”
- Bryce’s dad is as much of an asshole as his headless son. He berates the police chief.
- And police chief Langdon says Bryce was an asshole – and it’s awesome. She also puts this guy in his place.
|The face you make when the police chief basically calls your decapitated son an asshole.|
- In turn, he talks to the press. He’s putting up $250,000 to find his son’s killer.
- Wallace & Shae’s housewarming. Veronica is having a terrible time with these people but thankfully Kirby shows up.
- Eww, Veronica and Kirby are vaping. STOP IT. It is pot, so I might be ok with it.
- Kirby is surprised that Veronica has a gun. Veronica is surprised that Kirby has a driver.
- Oh wow. Who knew Veronica would be so 2nd amendment. She takes Kirby shooting. I guess she needs it in her line of work. Poor Wallace gets left high and dry though.
- So two guys who tried to roofie girls in Kirby’s club were killed the next day in bomb blasts. Is she a suspect now?
- And now Keith is floating a similar theory. Perry Walsh is also another victim that was a sexual predator.
- They’re bringing it all up too early, which means that she’s probably innocent.
- Weevil’s back. They vehemently disagree on life. And it’s really sad. They never really agreed with each other on how to handle things but they used to respect each other. It kinda sucks.
- You know, for a private investigator, Veronica is really slow on the uptake that Keith is losing his memory. She’s just about to say something, though, when Matty arrives.
- Matty can get Veronica a hacker.
- There’s a bus with Wallace and Matty on it and I got scared for a second – considering the history of this show – but I quickly dismissed that. This scene is to get Matty to convince hacker guy to help.
- Cliff! He’s defending a prostitute who gives free sex to vets. Good for her.
- So Veronica is finally noticing the memory issues and she’s grilling Cliff about it for some reason.
- So Weevil’s working with JK Simmons.
- And JK is hunting/bonding with Keith.
- Veronica’s putting it all together. JK is running something – and it even includes what happened at Hu’s grocery store.
- But she’s more concerned right now about Keith’s memory issues.
- Both men in Veronica’s life think she’s not doing what she wants but I disagree. She’s not in Neptune because of her connections. She’s there to be a PI. She enjoys her job and she’s good at it. And the fact that two important people in her life are there, too, is a huge plus.
- Another KABOOM. This time in Kirby’s club. I think that lets her off the hook.
|I have nothing to say about this. It's just a neat shot. Kudos to the stuntwoman|
- Vinnie’s still alive. So…good? Yeah, it’s good. He’s an ass, but we like Vinnie. We like to hate Vinnie. [True facts. - Z]
- Oh damn, Someone (JK Simmons) put a dead bird in Patton Oswalt’s bed.
- Wow Matty figured out where Veronica lives with All The Clues. She’s such a little Veronica.
- Kirby may not be innocent after all. She sold her bar after the first bombing. So of course, Veronica bugs her office.
Zelda: “Cuss a duck.” - Veronica
Daniel: “What’s wrong with you, Veronica?” // “You know, there are a range of opinions.” Weevil/Veronica
Recurring: Weevil, Alonzo Lozano, Wallace, Dodie Mendoza, Nicole Malloy, Police Chief Marcia Langdon, Penn Epner, Matty Ross, Alex Maloof, Clyde Pickett, Vinnie Van Lowe, Cliff McCormack, Don, Juan Diego, Carol, Angie, Mayor Mark Dobbins, Herc, Councilwoman Teresa Visinare, Bob Sargent, Shae Fennel, Noah Fennel, Phoenix Land Trust
Generally Known TV Face: Mather Zickel, Rachel Andersen
Dead Humans - 0
Dead Ducks - several
Pony Sighting - 1
Veronica Breaks In - 0
Veronica Tases Someone - 0
Who's Your Daddy? - 0
Wallace Does Veronica a Favor - 0
Logan Punches Someone - 0
Dick's Single Entendres - 0
Shenanigans Called - 0
VERONICA WAS RIGHT - 0
VERONICA WAS WRONG - 0