"Veronica becomes suspicious when a young pregnant woman who lives in their apartment complex suddenly disappears; fearing the worst, Keith steps in to help his daughter investigate this case for the girl's estranged parents. Meanwhile, Logan and Weevil get thrown into detention together after arguing with a teacher, leading the rivals to discover some surprising things in common. Later, while working on an alumni photo project in her journalism class, Veronica is shocked to discover that her mother and Jake Kane were high-school sweethearts."
- Oooh, we’re doing one of those _____ days/hours earlier tropes
- One week earlier!
- Hey! It’s Jessica Chastain! I love it.
- That dog looks so sedated.
- And right now he’s staring at the trainer. I love when dogs do this. You can so tell. Because dogs can’t act.
- Logan is hilarious. It’s nice to have 30 year old writers with quick wit write for HS students.
- Hey it’s General Redhead! (Bonita Friedericy from Chuck)
- And Steven Williams! There are so many people in this episode. I love this guy. He’s one of those “that guy”s that you see everywhere. But I know him most from 21 Jump Street.
- I mean Weevil’s tattoos are so expensive. I don’t remember anyone in HS having tattoos. Actually that’s not true. But they were more subtle. One girl had a vampire bite on her neck which I thought was totally cool.
- (Keith) is so damn likeable and I expect him to be likeable in other things but mostly he plays a lot of assholes in other things.
- I mean the King & Queen of the prom doesn’t necessarily mean they’re together.
- I love Parker Abrams with facial hair. And he has such Peter Gallagher eyebrows.
- So her neighbor’s dog is barking bloody murder but Back-Up is nowhere in sight.
- Second clue that Duncan & Veronica may be siblings…
- And that’s Weevil/Logan in a nutshell: Weevil: Blood and guts; Logan: Emotional torture. Together, they can do anything.
- Logan: Never estimate the size of my cajones.
- Hey! It’s Mac from General Hospital!
- Like how did they actual do this? Put a car through a pole? I don’t feel like it’s feasible.
- My god, the blatant racism by these guys.
- Wow, Logan using his prestige to get Weevil out of his expulsion – is this the beginning of a beautiful friendship?
- Wow, Weevil went so far as to put a tattoo with Lilly’s name on his arm.
- I mean, I can’t believe Jessica Chastain ran away and left her dog to fend for itself. Not cool, Chastain, not cool.
- Aww, Uncle Mac is a rapist. And he’s been shot!
- Oh, I'd forgotten this entire episode is a flashback, leaving us to wonder who's being carted off in a stretcher.
- ONE WEEK EARLIER
- Why, it's Jessica Chastain, everybody! The fist time I saw this I was way more fixated on her boyfriend Parker Abrams because Buffy, but now it's like hi A-lister.
- Logan's brought his A game to snarking, and I am enjoying it.
- Y'all it's General Redhead from Chuck! She's, wow, very different.
- Miss Dent: "And please, keep her away from me." Veronica: *ignores when General Redhead once again corners Miss Dent to talk her ear off*
- Wow, Logan, wow. You just got a 0 on your test and you continue to dig yourself in deeper, because you can't stand to not have the last word.
- Weevil has amazing facial hair. He was cleanshaven two episodes ago; this episode he's got a healthy beard and stache. Daniel has informed me that this is indeed possible for certain men. Maybe not a lot of high school boys, but.
- I mean, werewolves are also a thing. We had one last episode.
- Parker Abrams looks good scruffy.
- Hmmm I wonder if this episode is intended as an homage to Rear Window? Veronica hears Jessica Chastain cry out, and a thump of something - or someone - hitting the ground. Wait, it's entirely intentional. The very next scene, Keith calls Veronica's wonderings/the sound she heard as "Hitchcockian." Also that was so delightful that Daniel and I both laughed forever.
- "The people that say high school years are the best years of your life are usually on the yearbook staff."
- gasp Lianne and Jake were prom king and queen!
- gasp! Felix confirmed that Weevil and Lilly hooked up!
- SO MUCH GASPING.
- Veronica: Did you know your dad and my mom were sweethearts? // Duncan: What? You're not my sister. This is totally not incest. What?
- Or is that just my interpretation of the text?
- I will say, if Veronica actually thought Parker Abrams killed Jessica Chastain, wouldn't telling him that to his face while she thinks they're alone be kind of ... royally stupid? She's lucky he's just a laconic sardonic asshole. She didn't even bring Backup!
- (speaking of, we've got the upstairs dog barking away)
- wow. WOW. I just noticed that the dog is named Killer. Was On the Nose taken?
- Man, why do Weevil and Logan have to take their anger at their teacher out on the books? The poor innocent books?
- Logan: "Never underestimate the size of my cojones." AND THEN HE WINKS AT WEEVIL. I KNOW THE SLASHFIC EXISTS.
- Man, that flagpole certainly is Weevil's chosen shaming ground. First naked Wallace, now teacherman's car.
- I would like to know how they achieved that particular stunt.
- Oh but look. Weevil and Logan have achieved a bit of not-quite-friendship. It was all about that wink. I guess we got over Logan's racist slurs.
- And because Weevil didn't turn Logan in, Logan's confessed to Clemmons. And is using his dad's famous boots - which Clemmons was angling for - to get out of punishment for both of them. Using his privilege for good?
- "You realize you're paranoid." // "I do. Everyone reminds me. But it doesn't mean I'm not right."
- hahaha and then Weevil and his gang go make a mess of the store in order to get back Jessica Chastain's stolen journal from her "friend"
- Weevil telling Logan his Lilly tattoo is for his little sister. I don't think he's afraid to - that's not his thing. I think he doesn't see the need to hurt Logan further on this, at least not at this time. They've brokered a peace for the moment. Telling the truth at this time wouldn't help, just cause further pain.
- "A mans gotta be pretty committed to a woman to agree to raising another man's child." WHAT'S THAT, KEITH MARS? WHAT'S THAT? VERONICA MIGHT BE A KANE?
- "Are some things better left buried?" An apt question on which to end the episode.
Mr. Daniels: Mr. Navarro, I wonder if you'll find Mr. Echolls so amusing ten years from now.
Daniel: gasp WHEN WE SEE THE MOVIE
Andre: That must have been when I cracked her head open with a candlestick and she crumpled to the ground. No wait, that was Professor Plum in the study.
Zelda: HE USED THE REVOLVER
Daniel: It's just High School. What happens here doesn't mean anything -Veronica
Zelda: VP Clemmons: Mr. Echolls, I was wondering if I could have a word. Logan: Anthropomorphic. All yours, big guy.
Neptune Roll Call: Logan, Mallory Dent, Weevil, Duncan (Absent: Wallace)
Recurring: Vice Principal Van Clemmons, Felix Toombs, Lilly Kane, Mrs. Murphy (first appearance, unnoted was in Pilot), Dick Casablancas, Veronica's "Office," Hector
Future Famous Person: Jessica Chastain, Bonita Friedericy, Steven Williams (past & future)
Buffy Alum: Parker Abrams (Adam Kaufman)
Dead Humans - 0
Backup Sighting - 0
Veronica Breaks In - 1
Veronica Tases Someone - 0
Mac Hacks - 0
Who's Your Daddy? - 0 (WE'RE STARTING TO WONDER, THOUGH)
Wallace Does Veronica a Favor - 0
Weevil Does Veronica a Favor - 1
Veronica Wants a Pony - 1
Logan Punches Someone - 0
Dick's Single Entendres - 0
Shenanigans Called - 0
VERONICA WAS RIGHT - 0
VERONICA WAS WRONG - 0