"Wallace's hopes of escaping his trouble in Chicago are dashed when Rashard's uncle accuses him in the press of a hit and run. Meanwhile, Weevil has Veronica bug a church confessional to smoke out the traitor in his biker gang, and Keith acquires the interrogation tapes from the bus crash investigation."
- Veronica slices a beautiful slice of cake. Me: "Aw, I want it. No, I don't, I feel sick."
- Nice to see V supporting and helping Wallace so he's not just the sidekick.
- Keith, practicing on poor Inga's credulous simplicity, breaks into the station's computer, and makes himself an access card so he can break into Evidence.
- I do find it cute (do I?) that he used Deputy Leo's confession to figure out how to break in
- Molly and Felix had an old fashioned Romeo and Juliet, with only half the tragedy
- Ugh Rashard the little shit is claiming Wallace did the hit and run and we haven't met him yet but I already hate him. Leave Wallace alone
- "Man, is there anyone you don't think is corrupt, deep down?" // "Yes. You."
- Oh. Hi Jackie. That was awkward.
- "You know a good lawyer?" // "I know ... a lawyer." We all know you love Cliff, V.
- Oh hey, Terrence Cook knew Ms. America's Next Top Model Dumas, RIP
- Detectives WeeLo are meeting in ... I guess it's no longer Duncan's hotel room? Now it's Logan's hotel room? Was there a deed they signed over?
- The priest's name is Patrick Fitzpatrick? What the hell was wrong with his parents?
- heyyyy there Rashard is played by a baby BJ Britt aka Agent Triplett from Agents of SHIELD. Hi there BJ Britt! (but boooo Rashard)
- booooo even more to his controlling uncle-manager
- You know what? I'm tempted to call a teensy shenanigans (but I won't) on Evil Uncle's threats to call the cops or the reporter on his blackberry's speed dial, when we were just exposited by V that there's no cell service in this parking garage, but there's no way he'd know that.
- Ugh Lars and His Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Karaoke-ing, with its double feature buddy, Upstaging Real Musician Cameo
|Real Musician Cameo|
- Veronica has stumbled into the WeeLo love nest.
- Logan making the fair-ish point that he's missing his best friend - again.
- "No, because saving your ass with comment, it just, it works better for me."
- Keith's now floating the theory that the dead rat on the bus was just to get the rich kids off the bus.
- Welp, Jackie's at the party Wallace is crashing and she's flirting with Rashard
- Oh right, she's part of the scheme too. Along with the Deputy slash Bouncer Veronica talked to last ep
- It's pretty clever, because they're catching Rashard off-guard, now that he thinks Wallace has been taken care of by his goons
- And it's finally revealed! Thumper is the one dealing drugs with the Fitzpatricks
- The writers are finally doing the work to make me not hate Jackie, after five episodes of not seeing her after I truly loathed what she did. Just in time for her to be falsely accused of theft and exonerated by Veronica next episode.
- But whoooops Wallace isn't interested in dating her - he's seeing sweet and uncomplicated Jane
- Ugh, it's not just Thumper. All the PCHers are dealing drugs. And then they beat the shit out of Weevil. This sucks.
- They don't show it, though, because this show, while great at many things, is kind of shit at choreographing fights and violence. It's nearly always badly done. They need an actual fight choreographer. I get that this isn't an action show, but boo.
- Man, and Weevil can't go through the proper channels to make Thumper pay for murdering Felix - because he has cell phone footage of Weevil kicking the shit out of Curly Moran (remember him?)
- And now he's reduced to riding the school bus. Our Weevil needs a hug.
- Veronica is cutting a nice slice of cake at work for Wallace to make him feel better.
- Z and I both want it – except we both just had a big lunch and we’re feeling sick. So….it can wait.
- “My boyfriend just fled the country with his dead ex-girlfriend’s baby. I need a project”
- Man, Keith is just as bold and sneaky as his daughter. And Poor Inga falls for it.
- Security is seriously lax at the Neptune police department. Keith’s just breaking right into the evidence locker.
- Weevil and Molly Fitzpatrick sitting at a cafeteria lunch table is insane because they both look like they’re in their 30s and it’s really weird. Must. Suspend. Disbelief.
|We got left back a couple of times|
- And Oh crap, Wallace did the right thing and it came back to bite him in the ass. Welcome to the Mars family, Wallace.
- Jackie, after 5 or so episodes tries to crawl back to Wallace and fails. But we get to see Tessa Thompson again, so that’s cool.
- Yay, using gay fear to convince someone to stay out of jail. That’s not old.
- And we’re accidently getting back into the bus crash season arc. Jackie’s dad might be involved?
- The Weevil/Logan plotline continues.
- It’s so gross how male athletes get recruited and wooed by universities.
- So it’s Rashard’s Uncle that seems to be behind this.
- I love when it’s karaoke night, and I love that that’s a theme. Now someone apparently famous is singing and I don’t know who it is.
- Veronica is so amused by Weevil and Logan working together and it’s amazing.
- It’s a good theory that Keith has. The rat was there to drive the rich kids off the bus. And they knew it would work because they could afford to take a car if they needed to.
- I’m still surprised that a school would allow that, though, legally.
- Well hello Jackie. Aww, Wallace is trying to warn Jackie against Rashard. He still wuvs her. (Or it's all part of a plan...)
- Something that’s really smart about this show. In last week’s episode there was a weird throw-away scene where a random cop tells veronica he bounces at a club on the side and can get her in. And now, here’s the follow up. It helped her with this case. It’s convenient, sure – but at least it’s not coming out of nowhere.
- Aww, yay. Jackie was working with them the whole time!
- But aww, Wallace has a new girlfriend.
Favorite Lines:Zelda: Logan: "Can you just once save my ass without comment?" // Veronica: "No. Because saving your ass with comment, it just, it works better for me."
Daniel: Veronica: “My boyfriend just fled the country with his dead ex-girlfriend’s baby. I need a project.”
Arc/Continuity:Neptune Roll Call: Wallace, Logan, Weevil, Dick, Beaver, Jackie (Absent: Duncan)
Recurring: Veronica's Other Job, Inga, Molly Fitzpatrick, Nathan Woods, Cliff McCormack, Lars the Upstaged Karaoke Singer, Super Huge Deputy, Sheriff Don Lamb, Gia Goodman, Thumper, Liam Fitzpatrick, Jane Kuhne, Hector
Generally Known TV Face: B.J. Britt
Famous Musician Cameo: Britt Daniel, lead singer of Spoon
Veronica's Alias: UCLA Rep
Stats:Dead Humans - 0
Backup Sighting - 0
Veronica Breaks In - 0
Keith Breaks In - 1
Veronica Tases Someone - 0
Mac Hacks - 0
Who's Your Daddy? - 0
Wallace Does Veronica a Favor - 0
Veronica Does Weevil and Logan a Favor - 1
Veronica Wants a Pony - 0
Logan Punches Someone - 0
Dick's Single Entendres - 0
Shenanigans Called - 0
VERONICA WAS RIGHT - 0
VERONICA WAS WRONG - 1 (the dead rat wasn't about Veronica)