"Veronica spends the summer trying to become 'normal' again, but finds it difficult when Wallace is kicked off the basketball team for testing positive for drugs. Meanwhile, Keith is finding it hard to cope with popularity after releasing his book on the Lilly Kane murder, Logan takes refuge from the paparazzi at Dick and Beaver's, and a field trip to the local sports arena has shocking consequences."
- Hey! New year, new job. Veronica has a normal job (that’s the watchword).
- “New boyfriend,” she says. BUT WHO, VERONICA? WHO?
- Apparently she hasn’t had any cases all month.
- You can tell Veronica is itching to get back but she declines a case anyway.
- And Keith is on the news! That’s so cute. Apparently he wrote a book about it. And they remind us that Lianne stole the 50 grand…so writing a book is kinda necessary.
- We finally get to see who’s at the door. It’s Logan. We also flashback to last year’s cliffhanger where we finally find out that Weevil and his friends beat the shit out of him.
- So does that mean Logan’s the boyfriend?
- But oops, Felix is dead. And a knife is planted on Logan.
- Hey it’s Deputy Leo….but he’s here with bad news. He’s here to pick up Logan.
- Wallace failed the drug test, too…Veronica knows that’s not true. So it looks like she’s back in the investigating game. And Meg failed too!
- Season 2: Dick, Beav & (Tessa Thompson!) is added to the cast. Except Tessa’s not in this episode. She’ll be introduced next ep.
- That’s amazing. Duncan gets to stay at the presidential suite at the Neptune Grand while his parents move away.
- Ok, so in the flashback, we find out that Duncan’s been visiting Veronica at the coffeebar….but she is in fact dating Logan.
- Wow, Meg is way more than being chilly towards Veronica.
- More flashbacks: Logan was found not guilty for Felix’s death.
- Oh, Wallace. Come on. I don’t think he would laugh at someone being bullied especially since he’s been bullied in the past. Does he not remember the flagpole?
- The banter between Veronica & Keith is one of the most amazing thing about this show. They have such amazing chemistry.
- Aww, this guy is nick-named after Butters on South Park. He hates it – but omg, I love Butters! And oh no, he’s the VP’s son!
- “I can’t believe after a year of working here, you don’t know the make and model of the filing cabinet”
- The lab tech’s name is “Jim Chimmery”
- Wallace, “I’ll just follow you. You don't want to go out alone." - Aww, Wallace is looking out for Veronica.
- Aww, flashback Logan, “I’m in love with you”
- Wallace’s shirt says 69. Dude.
- What a coincidink – that all the new starters’ parents are part of this corporation. It’s just…
- Zelda tells me that America’s Next Top Model contestants won roles on Veronica Mars. I always just assume, they hire pretty people who can’t act on these shows. Which, Except for VM, is usually true. Glad they only have cameoish roles.
- “I love baseball.” “Yeah but you don’t like people.” Aww, she’s me.
- Hey it’s Cordelia! All the boys stare. Except for Beav, really…
- And all the parents are meeting. And Van Clemmons is listening. I love how he trusts her enough to go along with this.
- And…Veronica’s boyfriend….DUNCAN is here. DUN DUN DUNCANNNN
- YAY IT’S JESSICA JONES AKA GIA AKA THE BITCH IN APARTMENT 23.
- Flashback with how Veronica is breaking up with Logan. Aww.
- Cordelia’s naked! And sleeping with Logan!
- Oh no, it’s creepy Steve Guttenberg but we don’t know it yet. Well we know the Steve Guttenberg part.
- And we find out how Veronica and Duncan got back together – Basically, he stalked her?
- I’m surprised the show did this considering how they seem to feel about Duncan – but it could be just to make things more interesting for her and Logan.
- And here’s where it happens: Where freaking Lilly saves her life. Dead Lilly. Bringing Veronica to Weevil.
- And the teacher’s like, “everyone here”? Without counting. Bad teacher. I guess she unwittingly saved Veronica’s life.
- And that’s what I like about Weevil. He’s reasonable. He can actually listen to what Veronica says. And this part, man. The bus part. Yikes. So damn scary.
- Welcome to Season Twoooooooo. Is Mac a regular yet? [She isn't. - Ron Howard]
- Veronica has a job that's not working for Keith. Sadface.
- But her classmates are still coming to her to detectivize their problems.
- But she's saying no. And the response? "You're an 09-er now. You landed yourself some rich boyfriend. And last year was just some big old act for you. You gotta pick sides in this town these days. You picked yours."
- Oh good a flashback. Because this new Watchword Veronica has some 'splaining to do.
- And Logan is all beat to shit.
- Ah the iconic shot of Logan prone on the couch.
- Flashback-within-a-flashback to the PCHers beating Logan up.
- RIP Felix Toombs :(
- And whereas Veronica was willing to believe Logan killed Lilly, she instantly believes him when he says he didn't kill Felix.
- And Leo's here to take Logan in.
- Speaking of believing, V didn't believe Kelvin when he got kicked off sports for drugs, but now that Wallace has been kicked off too, she's on the case.
- But with Meg also kicked off, we know not all 09-ers were kept safe.
- Listen, this drug test doesn't sound nearly as secure as the Olympic drug testing, and I just saw the documentary Icarus, and that stuff is totally hackable if you have enough corruption.
- "Believe it or not, I didn't sign up for a second year of Office Aide." // "Yeah, that doesn't work for me."
- BUT WALLACE GOT VERONICA A MASTER KEY AND ADMINISTRATIVE PASSWORDS. Veronica is a bad influence.
- "You got any enemies?" // "Well, there's the Klan." // "This is not really their M.O." // "I guess that leaves everybody that hates you." #awkward
- They're still being coy about who Veronica's currently dating. He's away "visiting his dad."
|(fine, the gif doesn't quite work but I DON'T CARE)|
- Kelvin sure is a dickwad. Glad we're helping him.
- Ooof Meg really hates Veronica now.
- Aw Keith and Alicia are still together! At least something good survived the summer.
- Vincent/Butters isn't denying he framed all those athletes, but come on, it's too early in the episode.
- hahahah he's VP Clemmons's kid. Of course he is.
- "I was wondering where we were drawing the ethical line this year." Says Wallace while they're in Clemmons's office at night, breaking into his file cabinet.
- Neptune is no longer as safe as it never was, since Logan didn't get convicted for murdering Felix.
- Veronica listing drugs. Keith strolls in: "What's up honey?"
- OMG he suggested Wallace pinch his nipples to help himself pee WHAT
- Keith is such a weirdo.
- But then he's all squeamish when Veronica waves Wallace's pee stick in his face. Man up, Keith.
- There's a new journalism teacher aka America's Next Top Model contestant Naima Mora. Someone should warn her this is like being the drummer for Spinal Tap.
- I guess Veronica and Weevil aren't talking anymore.
- Dick is awful.
- Cordelia is here being all Cordelia-y.
- GASP! Veronica's boyfriend is Duncan now.
- And Dick being awful is part of the reason V breaks up with Logan. "Those people you call toadies are my friends, they've got my back."
- And ew Logan is boning Kendall Casablancas. With the opener "Can Dick and Beaver come out and play."
- Woody Goodman "I know some of you. I even coached a few of you back in Little League." Hello first seed planted.
- Krysten Ritter is delightful. Gia Goodman is annoying, but Krysten Ritter is delightful.
- Since the show is currently on the V/D ship, they're working hard to make it seem like they have banter chemistry.
- Ugh, Meg. Stop. Veronica didn't steal him from you any more than you stole him from her in the first place.
- The wooing with the fortune cookie is a sweet touch. Teddy is still boring as sand, but I guess there's a sweetness somewhere in V/D? I guess?
- Aw Veronica's still seeing Lilly.
- And Meg deliberately lets them leave Veronica behind when the bus pulls out, inadvertently saving her life.
- Veronica to Weevil: "You sure you're still in charge?"
- And even though they were just fighting, Weevil gives Veronica a ride.
- A ride to see where the bus went over the railing and off a cliff.
- Welcome to Season Two, you guys.
- "This is Neptune. Nothing happens accidentally."
Daniel: What's this one called?
Zelda: Driver Ed? No, that's episode two.
Daniel: Normal is the (starts typing) watchworld. No.
Daniel: Word. What a terrible title.
Veronica and Wallace: long scene in Clemmons's office looking for forgeries
Zelda: When does the bus happen?
Logan: What I'm trying to say is I'm in love with you.
Zelda and Daniel: awwwwwww
Daniel and Zelda:
Keith: How was your first day of school, honey?
Veronica: Great. I beat up a freshman, stole his lunch money, and then skipped out after lunch.
Keith: What? No pre-marital sex?
Neptune Roll Call: Wallace, Duncan, Logan, Weevil, Dick, Beaver (Absent: Jackie)
First Appearance: Cute as a Bug Manager (yes, that's her name), Vincent "Butters" Clemmons, Kendall Casablancas, Gia Goodman, Woody Goodman, Terrence Cook
Recurring: Felix Toombs, Deputy Leo D'Amato, Meg Manning, Vice Principal Van Clemmons
Future Famous Person: Krysten Ritter
Already Famous Person: Steve Guttenberg, Julie Chen
Buffy Alum: Charisma Carpenter (The Cordelia Chase), Charles Duckworth (Glenn)
America's Next Top Model: Naima Mora as Ms. Dumas
Logan's Nicknames: Action (Duncan)
Dead Humans - 8 (the bus victims total is confirmed next episode as 7)
Backup Sighting - 0
Veronica Breaks In - 1
Veronica Tases Someone - 0
Mac Hacks - 0
Who's Your Daddy? - 0
Wallace Does Veronica a Favor - 0
Veronica Wants a Pony - 0
Logan Punches Someone - 0
Logan Kicks Weevil in the Head - 1
Dick's Single Entendres - 1 (shocker gesture)
Logan's Single Ententres - 2 (shocker gesture, "Can Dick and Beaver come out and play?")
Duncan's Single Ententres - 1 ("Let me guess, you want to pluck her?")
Shenanigans Called - 0
VERONICA WAS RIGHT - 0
VERONICA WAS WRONG - 0