- I think these genre writers could have come up with better movie quotes for the movie quote game.
- Nice and short exposition - catching us up on what happened over the summer.
- Ice cream moment – if Xander and Willow got together now, I might have bought it. I don't buy it when it actually happens. More on that later! Spoilers!
- I agree with Buffy – no stake, no cross, no garlic, nothing? Come on guys!
- Buffy: Hey guys, miss me? Me: YES!
- Worst mom ever: "I’ll just be happy if she makes it through the school year."
- Cordelia: "Is it possible to have too much character?"
- Aww Giles in love J
- Jenny is such a hippie - Burning Man? Really?
- I like this episode as a continuation of the last episode of season one – it didn't just end with Buffy killing the Big Bad. It showed that this show is good (most of the time) with follow-through.
- Xander and Willow are even witty in Buffy's nightmares!
- Giles turning into the Master – creepy!
- Three musketeers convo – hilarious - I love all the back and forth and witty banter. It's also nice that Cordelia is able to show both sides: She's still bitchy and insulting but you can tell she wants to be a Scooby.
- The whole scene at the Bronze is one of my favorite directed scenes on Buffy. From the music, to everyone's reactions and performances. The timing is just perfect and I love especially when Buffy walks past each character.
- As shown in last year's English class, Cordelia can be surprisingly observant.
- I love the bitchfest between Cordelia & Buffy – it’s a very well written scene.
- Snyder: There're some things I can just smell. It's like a sixth sense. Giles: No, actually that would be one of the five. Hehehe!
- Everything Snyder says is so awesome.
- “PS this is a trap.” – I love smart, sensible Willow.
- Vampire’s name is Tara! It's never spoken, but it's listed in the credits.
- Musta been fun for SMG to smash up those bones!
|"I mock you with my ice cream cone, Amish Guy!"|
|Made by Darathy! My Favorite scene|
- I was surprised to hear from Daniel, as we started watching this episode, that it is one of his favorites. I have it sort of set in my head that the season premieres are never as strong as the later meat in the season, or the finales. And while I have absolutely nothing wrong with this episode, and it is in fact really pretty dang good, it didn't ever stand out for me on my list of favorites. For that, I apologize. It's awesome.
- And so we begin with Xander's flirting with Willow even though he's not actually into her. And so we begin with my hating Xander a bit.
- Shenanigans! Would that vampire just hover next to them while they're about to kiss?
- First clue Buffy is being a bitca: she calls her two best friends losers almost right away.
- Buffy is 16. Her parents are unpacking for her???? Is this a thing parents do for their 16 year old children? I don't remember ever not packing for myself.
- "One day the campus is completely bare. Empty. The next, there are children everywhere. Like locusts." Oh Snyder, I missed you.
- "Nice to see you. And don't ever call me that." Giles! I missed you too. (I ... guess I'm pretending I took the summer off as well?)
- In the midst of her crazy-fueled training montage, Buffy decided she blamed the punching dummy.
- Shut up, Absalom.
- $(@#*)$)(# it, the Annoying One is back.
- Love the moment of Xander and Willow swapping snacks in the common room, completely sans dialogue.
- And oh my god, I forgot this was a dream sequence, so Giles saying "I've killed you once, it shouldn't be too difficult to do it again" HURT!
- Creep Alert! Angel watches Buffy sleeping! I thought only sparkly vampires did that.
- Willow: Uh, yes! Our own personal demons. // Xander: Such as, as, as lust and, uh, thrift! <3
- "Cordelia, your mouth is open and sound is coming from it. This is never good."
- I can't wait for Oz to show up so Willow will stop being pathetic about Xander.
- Is Absalom Jewish? What's with the six-pointed star necklace?
- Aw, Angel is such a kicked puppy, thinking Buffy is mad at him. heeeeeeee.
- Buffy's sexy dance is a big escalation in her meanness that has been present all episode - she's now punishing Xander, Willow, and Angel. I do like that Xander isn't all gropy on her, that he's not fully giving in to her game. I think he recognizes that something is wrong. But then, that clenching jaw could be his attempt to not get a hard on.
- I like that Cordelia is the one who calls Buffy out on her bitca-ness.
- In general, I really like the rather unusual way they're exploring Buffy's PTSD. She's so strong, and is used to relying on that, and is trying to make herself as emotionally strong/cold as she thinks she needs to be, which translates into meanness, but the truth is she's terrified because she's seen her own weakness laid out for her - she can be killed, and the creature who killed her is looming, threatening to return.
- Also a good sign of Buffy's skewed sense of priorities: she's known since last night that the Master's bones have been dug up, but she buries the headline and waits until the next day to tell Giles.
- "The part that says 'P.S. this is a trap!'" So many good lines in this episode!
- What a mess in the library! This is why California schools can't have nice things. That, and bankruptcy.
- Willow: We saved you a seat! // Me: By ... not putting anything on it to save it and just assuming that no one would want to sit by us!
- "Well, we could grind our enemies into talcum powder with a sledgehammer, but gosh, we did that last night." = best line of forgiveness ever?
- Annoying One: I hate that girl. // Me: I HATE YOU.
Daniel: “Cibo Matto can clog dance?” - Willow. Ok line, excellent delivery.
Zelda: "Trout? (notices Buffy behind him) Trout! Yes, trout ... is a fish. Good morning." - Giles
|Vests. They were a thing.|
- Angel has joined the opening credits as a regular!
- Our first time in the Sunnydale High common room set.
- Cordelia has gotten over her Sunnydale-induced amnesia regarding all things monstical, and now remembers quite clearly vampires and other things that go "grr. argh."
Dead Humans: 0
Dead Undeads: 6
Giles Unconscious: 1
Giles Cleans His Glasses: 0
Buffy Breaks a Door: 0
Evil Reveal: 0
Unevil Reveal: 0
Shenanigans Called: 1
Apocalypse Called: 0