|Don't drink and slay, kids.|
"Buffy and Cordelia attend a frat party where they are offered as human sacrifices to a reptile-like creature." Yes, it's just as dumb as it sounds.
- Hey! It's Lucky Spender #3, Greg Vaughn, from General Hospital! It's actually nice seeing him play a jerk. I'm so used to seeing him as a nice guy.
- I will never get what college guys want with HS girls...it's very pervy, if you ask me.
|"My name is Douche, and this is my fratbrother, |
Other Douche. We park outside high schools."
|"I am a dick! It's a metaphor!"|
- In the opening scene, Xander seems better at braiding Willow's hair than Buffy is...
- I love the cemetery in the WB parking lot. The tombstones looks so incredibly fake. Is this an Ed Wood production?
- Cordelia's fake laugh is awesome.
- I've never hidden the fact that I'm way more into the sci-fi/fantasy/comedy side of Buffy and not so much into the romantic side but lines like "When you kiss me, I want to die!" make me want to hurl.
- Again with the weird random computer searches, Willow. Let's see how many words end in "ent", so we can see where that broken bracelet came from. Again, I know we're supposed to suspend disbelief but I can accept vampires and werewolves faster than I can accept that Willow did a computer search and found out that a bracelet with the word "ent" came from Kent Preparatory School.
- And we have our very first of what's to become many "penis monsters." ==>
- I like Willow's blow-up at Angel & Giles, especially since she realizes it was something she had to do but solved nothing.
- SHENANIGANS! No one invited Angel into the frat house. It should be protected, the same way other houses are protected because people do live there.
- Cordelia is just on this episode. Everything she does is hilarious.
- I also like how the third "victim" is just as feisty as Buffy is.
- Sometimes I can like Xander. Nik's non-reaction to Angel standing right behind him right after he's mocking him is hilarious.
- YAY! Jonathan is back!
- Ugh. We have entered one of the bottom ten episodes in the series.
- These tombstones leave something to be desired in terms of specificity:
- Cordy's fake laugh sounds kind of like she's crying.
- Also, who was her non-speaking acolyte? Where's Harmony?
- Awww Buffy's dreaming of Angel!
- "Well, I'm not a demon...which is why you should let go now."
- "No, I don't think you know what it's like to be 16. And a GIRL. And a SLAYER."
- Yay. I love how not interested in fratboys Buffy is.
- Ew fratboys hitting on high schoolers. Ew ew ew these people are gross.
- Seriously, why is no one calling an "ew" on this? These guys are hitting on sixteen-year-olds!
- Aw Giles. I think maybe your fighting prowess is not enough up to the level of sparring with Buffykins.
- Angel is wearing maroon! A color!
- See, Angel recognizes the Ew of a man his age (or even apparent age) dating a high schooler. I guess this is to point out to us why Buffy's hackles aren't up higher about the fratboys hitting on her.
- This episode isn't funny enough to mitigate its badness. Blarg blah blooooo please end the episode now.
- "Askew means cockeyed." "Oh." See? it's not that funny.
- I also really hate humiliation plotlines, so the hazing of Xander is just unpleasant too.
- But I guess ... yay Buffy turning down alcohol and being a responsible teenager?
- Except for then she takes a drink after all. Stupid Buffy.
- Well. Buffy and Cordy sobered up quickly, especially considered they were roofied.
- "Angel, how do you shave?" Willow gets the one funny moment of the episode.
- The one not-loathable thing in this episode is Willow yelling at Angel and Giles.
- Oh god. The stupid awful phallus monster. Ugh ew blah.
- Why not call the episode "Snake Boy?" Reptile Boy is a stupid non-informative title.
- Haha Xander got to punch the douche...and realized that punching douches hurts your hand.
- "And YOU. You're going to jail for 15,000 years."
- "I told one lie, I had one drink." // "Yes, and you were very nearly devoured by a giant demon snake. The words 'let that be a lesson' are a tad redundant at this juncture." Yay, but. This episode still sucks.
- Awww yay more Jonathan!
- "Angel Angel Angel. Does every conversation we have have to come around to that freak? Hey man, how's it going?"
Daniel: "Oh Buffy, it's like we're sisters, but with really different hair!" - Cordelia
Zelda: "Some guy's attacking Buffy with a sword. And also there's a big snake." - Willow. Why couldn't we just summarize the whole episode like that and then not have to watch it?
- Cordy is attempting to date a fratboy ... Poor Devon?
- Of course she's apparently also attempting to date a Jonathan.
Voiceover - Giles
Dead Humans - 0
Dead Undeads - 1
Giles Unconscious - 0
Giles Cleans His Glasses - 0
Buffy Breaks a Door - 0
Evil Reveal - 1 (Tom)
Unevil Reveal - 0
Shenanigans Called - 1
Apocalypse Called - 0