"While hospitalized with a severe case of the flu, Buffy battles a demon that sucks the life out of sick children."
- Poor Buffy's all fluey.
- Alpert Mausoleum! This should be a drinking game.
- Angelus really should have been able to kill her now, when she's all weak and dizzy. He's just useless this episode. They should fire him from being a vampire. I do enjoy how Spike repeatedly calls him out on the not killing of Buffy, at least.
- We're singing along to the theme song again. D is drumming too. WE'RE SO COOL.
- "Possible fractures?" What the - why? What? Why would he think that? No. Stupid doctor. He's fired too.
- I like how seriously they're all taking this, and it's an unnerving shift on the show we're used to - nothing mystical about what's taken Buffy down, or the way we're dealing with it.
- Poor delirious Buffy. She's so small and vulnerable. SMG is really good at that.
- "Shhh. Hospital zone. No singing." And Xander grins. BECAUSE HE WILL INVOKE THE SINGING SPELL IN FOUR YEARS.
- "You know that thing on her face? You know that thing. ... Am I the only one that's noticed that thing?" Never change, Cordy. No seriously. I hate your "growth" on AtS. Stay like this.
- I feel like they would have taken off her jewelry.
- Ew ew ew ew don't rip out your IV. I actually yelled at the screen. At least it was a dream?
- This is the creepiest hospital that's not in a zombie movie/tv show. Creepy children everywhere.
- It is nice of Xander to stand guard, even if he's not that effective a bodyguard, really. But he uses his brains to get Angelus to back down!
- Angelus accuses Xander of still loving Buffy. Do we think this is true? While his hatred of Angel certainly stemmed from that, and has only grown, but I think it's its own independent animal of hatred now. I don't think I think Xander is still in love with Buffy, personally.
- "Flowers for milady!" // "I think they call those balloons."
- "Nobody told me I was supposed to bring a gift." // "It's traditional among ... people." I love Cordy. and Giles. So much.
- Giles's theory the kids might be seeing the "true selves" of the adults, which manifest as evil deathy things, is awesome. It's wrong, but it's awesome.
- Krispy Kreme!!!! I wants.
- Der Kinderstod thinks it can battle Buffy by being all blinvisible. But she's battled the blinvisible before!
- "This is your work?" Giles asks as he tries to find a constructive comment on the artistry.
|Pot, kettle, sir?|
- This episode is funnnnnnnny. It's kind of a stupid title though.
- "Let's go, tact guy."
- Aw Giles is so annoyed at Cordy. "It asks endless questions of those with whom it's supposed to be working so that nothing is getting done."
- Man this demon wins at the creepy. Good makeup and good physical acting by James Jude Courtney.
- My friend Lucy's favorite line in the whole entire series: "No more frogs."
- NOOOOOOOOOOES DON'T KILL THE CHILDREN.
- Buffy, to Kinderstod: "You make me sick." PUNNNNNNNNNN!
- Seeeeeeeee, Daniel? Joyce is being support-o-mom to Sick Buffy. And to moocherfriends Willow and Xander. [Yeah, but she's bogarting the cheesy chips - Xander]
- Parking lot cemetery!
- Cordelia: “We’re all concerned about how gross you look.”
- Giles is cleaning his glasses a lot more lately!
- There’s no thing on Buffy’s face, Cordy – but you have a weirdly shaped mole on your cheek you might wanna get checked out.
- Creepy kid alert!
- Hey, it’s German Freddy Krueger!
- Power Girl! The first incarnation of the Slayer!
- I love how Giles ignores that Willow did all of Buffy’s assignments
- Sunnydale General looks like Sunnydale HS.
- Willie Garson! He’s so good.
- “Fine, watch my back.” And...stupid Xander looks and doesn't even smirk or appreciate Cordy's fine buttocks. MAKE A BETTER CHOICE, BRENDAN.
- Aww, Cordy brought Xander Krispy Kreme even though he’s a dick. That’s love.
- Hehe, Willow was playing ‘doctor’ wrong
- Also, thank god she was because it saved Buffy from a potential lethal dose of the flu virus
- Why is basement access right off the children’s ward? Seems kinda dangerous.
- Der Kinderstod – a pre-cursor to the Gentlemen?
Should we include Celia (young Buffy's cousin) in our death stats? She's only in flashbacks. You decide!
Zelda: My bed is better than any bed that's not my bed. - Buffy
Daniel: Tact is just not saying true stuff. - Cordelia
- When Buffy was 8 her cousin Celia died in a hospital, so Buffy is scared of hospitals now.
- Also when Buffy was 8 she had brown hair.
Voiceover - none
Dead Humans - 2
Dead Undeads - 1
Giles Unconscious - 0
Giles Cleans His Glasses - 1
Buffy Breaks a Door - 0
Evil Reveal - 0
Unevil Reveal - 1 (Dr. Backer)
Shenanigans Called -0
Apocalypse Called - 0