Episode 2.18: I Am God. Original Airdate 4.11.06
"A restless Veronica is plagued by dreams in which the students killed in the bus crash confront her. Meanwhile, Logan and Wallace are paired together for a physics project that neither is enthusiastic about, until they discover that their success might help Veronica receive a scholarship. Later, when a large number of students are diagnosed with a medical ailment that gives them the right to postpone school tests and projects, a concerned principal Clemmons hires Keith to investigate the validity of the disorder."
- Miss James is back! Hi Miss James!
- V's having nightmares about the bus crash victims. It's Lilly all over again.
- Considerately, V is recapping what we know of the the victims, since it's been a hot minute
- Time to introduce Lucky the Janitor to the narrative.
- Dream Meg: "Have you been reading my emails ... wait. Forgot. I'm dead. In VeronicaLand, no pulse, no privacy."
- We can't stat it because we didn't see it, but V broke in to investigate the bus just like Keith did.
- I guess now that Hannah's gone, we're positioning LoVe to return, and maybe the Awkward Dance at Sadie Hawkins last ep was the first step of that.
- Step two is an extended make out flashback of LoVe, plus banter banter.
- I gotta admire Mr. Wu's restraint, not punishing Dick for his rampant racist jokes.
- "Dick Casablancas is the bastard child of Satan." // "Well, that would explain a lot." I like this girl.
- Logan: "You don't like me much, do you:" Wallace: "The last time we actually talked, you were bashing Veronica's headlights with a crowbar." It's a fair point, the two of them really haven't interacted much
- It's really lovely seeing how happy V is that she got into Stanford ... though I'm with her, why was her acceptance letter so thin? My acceptance letters were big full size packets. My rejections were small and letter sized.
- But V got knocked out of first place for the Kane scholarship, so she probably can't afford to go to Stanford.
- Oh right, Keith is doing these blind dates ... but it's for some other reason than dating, I forget what.
- GASP his second blind date is with Anne L. Nathan! She's a character actress who's been in All the Musicals. I met her once in a Pret and it's a very cute story. Well, it's an okay story. Fine, it's a dorky story. I dorked at character actress Anne L. Nathan in a Pret when she asked me what time it was.
- Wuh oh. Keith and Clemmons came into Clemmons's office while Veronica was breaking in. She's hiding in the closet, but at least we get to find out why Keith came by the school and denied it.
- Keith's face when he finds her in the closet. Absolutley amazing. But he doesn't rat her out. "Yep, that's mine all right."
- And date #3 is the reason he's doing what he's doing. He found the office manager of a doctor, and that's how he got a recording of an ongoing doctor scam to get kids out of exams for made up reasons.
- And Dream Peter makes a good point: "Why was I even on that bus? Why would I even be interested in going to a baseball stadium?" and it's a good clue. He was going because of Woody.
- heh but they're not rushing into the LoVe ship just yet: "You are such a catch. How has Hannah been able to keep away?"
- and "I am God" was an album cover red herring.
- "I didn't just ruin Citizen Kane for you, did I?"
- Uh oh, Veronica’s in trouble [Must be Tuesday? - Buffy]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt - Ghost Whisperer reference – what a fun, kinda dumb show. But it was cute for a while.
- Veronica’s dreams are weird, but cool, we get to see Meg again.
- The mystery is getting going.
- Keith makes a potshot Paris Hilton joke and we all laugh because a) she’s terrible and b) she guest starred on the show in season 1.
- And there is the title written there on one of the bus seats.
- Lotsa flashbacks this episode. This one has a lot of Veronica/Logan making out.
- Dick was just openly racist to an Asian teacher. Why is this at all acceptable?
- Logan & Wallace in a scene together? What?
- Aww, Deputy Leo reference.
- “Dick Casablancas is the bastard child of Satan.” Yep.
- And someone on the radio show calls Logan, “Rosemary’s baby”. That’s the 2nd reference in a row to a rich kid being Satan’s child. Consistency or laziness in writing?
- I failed this egg drop thing in high school. My egg totally broke.
- Logan calls a maid bringing up a pillow his 'fluffer'. Like…what? Why are we just accepting all this blatant misogyny? The maid doesn’t even blink.
- OMG, One more – Angie is described as a demon’s spawn. Ok, a bit of a step down from Satan’s child, but-
- Is…Keith internet dating? I’m sure this has something to do with a case…
- Wow, the egg drop is just off a desk? Ours was off a rooftop!
- One of the teams is using a teddy bear for the egg drop project.
- Oh no. Keith’s 2nd date describes Keith as George from Seinfeld. That’s so sad.
- I guess dropping it from the desk was just the first test.
- I love Veronica’s ring of 20,000 keys. Oh no! Principal Clemmon’s coming back! And he’s with Keith!
- And Keith catches her and it’s awesome. Because he doesn’t rat her out.
- Keith’s date #3 is the office manager at a doctor’s office. Which seems important.
- Gay kid: “Why would I be interested in going to a baseball stadium?” Because gay kids can’t be interested in sports. That would ruin your stereotypes.
- Ah, ok, next test was a 12 foot drop. That’s cool. Ours was still higher. And we didn’t get partners either. Admittedly I didn’t try that hard. I was a total underachiever in high school.
- Are….Wallace and Logan friends now?
- They got us with the dream within a dream!
- Veronica’s taking a nap! I love naps! Naps are the best!
- Anxiety dreams! I have those too!
Zelda: "I didn't just ruin Citizen Kane for you, did I?" - Veronica
Daniel: "Did you watch House of Wax again? You know that Hilton girl gives you nightmares." - Keith
Neptune Roll Call: Wallace, Logan, Dick, Beaver (Absent: Duncan, Weevil, Jackie)
First Appearance: Marcos Oliveres, Lucky, Peter Ferrer
Recurring: Rebecca James, Meg Manning, Michelle Thompson, Mr. Wu, Principal Van Clemmons, Mrs. Murphy
Dead Humans - 0
Backup Sighting - 0
Veronica Breaks In - 1
Veronica Tases Someone - 0
Mac Hacks - 0
Who's Your Daddy? - 0
Wallace Does Veronica a Favor - 0
Veronica Wants a Pony - 0
Logan Punches Someone - 0
Dick's Single Entendres - 3 (Bareback Mountain quotation), "Just because you wiggle your finger doesn't mean Dick's gonna come," "Maybe you and Ronnie could soap each other's backs"
Shenanigans Called - 0
VERONICA WAS RIGHT - 0
VERONICA WAS WRONG - 0