Episode 3.10: Amends. Original Airdate 12.15.98
"As the Christmas holiday approaches, Angel is tormented by evil apparitions who want him to eliminate Buffy."
- Oh man, DB. This accent. I can't even with this.
- Buffy has tiny bangs! Where the hell - did she just take a pair of scissors to her face in the mirror?
- Gasp! What's Dead!Daniel doing in Sunnydale?
- I can't tell, is Buffy's lunch bag huge or is she even tinier than usual?
|Buffy eats all the lunch.|
- "Tree. Nog. Roast beast."
- "What are you doing for Christmas?" // "BEING JEWISH."
- Xander's Christmas is the most depressing Christmas ever.
- "This is what I do know. I miss you. Like every second. It's like I lost an arm, or worse, a torso. So I think I'd be willing to give it a shot." Oz is the best of everyone. Seth fuckin' Green, people.
- I love watching that guy frosting the trees. It's just so preposterous.
- Hallo dead trees! Look at you, all portenty and stuff.
- Ahhhhhhh Bringers.
- Oh man, Giles's face when he sees it's Angel at the door. Ice. ASH is so freaking good, you guys. I love this episode. This scene is just ... he's ... FEELINGS.
- Man, the last time Angel was here, he was depositing dead Jenny. Ow ow my heart. AND THEN JENNY'S THERE, WEARING THE OUTFIT HE KILLED HER IN. OWWWWW.
- So do we think The First is telling the truth when claiming it's responsible for pulling Angel out of the Acathla Hell Dimension? We're never really offered another explanation, and the Powers That Be are more a thing on Angel the Show than here. And if so, why? I know The First really pretty much sucks at planning, but I'm still curious for the reason for bringing him back, since the main goal both here and later with Spike in S7, is to take the Vampire With A Soul out of commission - either turn him against the White Hats, have him kill the Slayer, or get himself killed - in any regards, get him out of the game on the White Hat side. Wouldn't Angel staying in the Hell Dimension accomplish that?
- Awww it's Pachebel's Canon in D, y'all.
- Oh man, that mustache. Terrible awful idea.
- ACK Buffy and Angel shared a dream ACK ACK ACK that was awesome.
- omg and Xander walks in and says "Where do we start?" with helping Angel. MY HEART JUST MELTED.
- But DUDE what is that sweater, Xander. Like, what.
|It says FLOUR. On the BACK. What is ... no. Just no.|
- Aw, and they're doing research and there's a tiny Christmas tree on the table and there's pizza and I love my Scoobie Babies.
- "Hey, he likes beets!." // "I read that one already." Random shit like this is how you can tell Joss wrote it.
- Man, Angelus was really a rotten piece of work.
- "It wasn't me." // "It wasn't you?" // "A demon isn't a man. I was a man once." "Oh yes, and what a man you were." It's a really fair point. Liam was a worthless little shit. Angelus was a psychopathic monster. Angel? Kinda mopey.
- Shenanigans! The First is supposed to be non-corporeal, but they forgot to tell Robia because she touches Angel all the damn time.
- Ut oh. Sexy dreams.
- Ew. Bringer watching the sexy dreams. Creeper much?
- "Yeah, let me get a double shot of ... of INFORMATION, pal." Nope. Nice try, but nope.
- "Hey, you did great, by the way. I was very intimidated by you." Best Xmas present Xander could ever ask for.
- "Man, is it hot." Another nod toward how sunny Sunnydale is UNTIL MAGIC SNOW TIEMS.
- Oh Willow. Oh honey. No no no. She's so sweet and so very much clueless about what to do. "We could do that thing!"
- Also dude why is there a fire burning in the fireplace when it's so hot.
- Ozzzzzzzzzz I love you. He tells her "No" in the gentlest way, in a way that won't send her into another shame spiral or embarrassment.
- Joyce is burning a fire too. wtf
- Awwwwww Faith came over! huggles!
- Angel's in your room, all crazypants and creepy. I'd throw him out, Buffy.
- Angel went down the funslide out Buffy's window.
|I need to go to my happy place! Wheeeeeeeee!|
- Buffy's tiny tiny bangs look much better when sideswept.
- "Sooner or later, you will drink her." Good example of The First speaking truths without context.
- "You're not supposed to die, this isn't the plan ... but it'll do." Yeah, see. I really don't think The First brought Angel back, if the plan was just for him to die again. I'm gonna decide it was lying.
- "They're rebels and they'll never ever be any good." <3 Giles
- "All right, I get it, you're evil! Do we have to chat about it all day?" This is why Buffy is the best show ever. "
|That little lip wrinkle, the sassy tilt of her head. Buffy is the best.|
- Angel's in a black coat, Buffy in a white coat. Symbolism!
- This scene, you guys. This scene. I love this show so much. And SMG is so good, and even DB isn't bad.
- "What I am." // "Were." // "And ever shall be."
- "You have the power to do real good, to make amends. But if you die now, then all that you ever were was a monster." - so this is what sets him on the path for his own show, I think. Nicely planned.
- "Am I thing worth saving, huh? Am I a righteous man?"// "What about me?" And she's so sad and little. "I tried to make you go away. I killed you and it didn't help ... I wish that I wished you dead. I don't. I can't."
- Oh man, you guys, so many feels.
- IT'S SNOWING, IT'S FUCKING SNOWING. And it's a cleaner baptism than rain could ever be on this show. It's Christmas and it's saying that Angel has to stay, to fight, and they can keep going and THIS SHOW, YOU GUYS.
- Faith's all, dude, I'm from Boston, we get this all the time.
- Even the Buffy/Angel theme has turned sweeter, more hopeful.
- And I'm crying. Shut up.
- "Dublin". And I say that using ironic air quotes...
- Oh no. We have to hear David's Irish "accent" again. ...more air quotes.
- I think this is the only Christmas episode and while I kinda like it, I'm glad this was the only one.
- First incarnation of The First. And...I wish it stayed that way.
- "Being Jewish. Remember, people?" Yay, Willow. Rock that Channukah spirit!
- He's very logical, Oz. He says all the right things.
- See the main problem with Cordy & Xander's breakup is that they don't know what to do with her. So ship her off to Aspen for the episode, I guess...
- Joyce's reaction to the suggestion of inviting Giles to Christmas Eve dinner is hilarious. Continuity!
- How does Faith afford to live? Does she have a job? Is she stealing? That's another huge problem I have with the council. The expect these young women to risk their lives every day for them but they can't give them a stipend?
- I'm glad Giles doesn't just trust Angel blindly. Also, humble looks good on Angel.
- I love this other flashback/dream. It looks like the Fezziwigs' house on Christmas!
- Oooh, Buffy and Angel sharing a dream. Very cool effect to have Buffy in regular modern clothes against the background of the 19th century setting.
- "Doing guest spots in each other's dreams" - Foreshadowing!
- There's a lot of character
developmentexploration in this episode. Not just Angel but the whole gang.
- Scary Bringers are Scary! ----->
- The underground - things that live underground. Makes sense to me.
- Willy's has entertainment! The bulletin board outside of Willy's pub shows a lounge singer with an amazing 1970's headshot.
- Willow trying to do the sexy thing is embarrassing (also adorable!)
- Also, Barry White. Nice touch, Willow
- Oz is just the perfect boyfriend. He says all the right things. Always. I don't even care that he's short!
- Seriously, I'm convinced the writers just write Oz how they want their boyfriends/husbands to act.
- "So Angel's on top again?" Sexual Innuendo!
- Aww, Faith coming to Christmas dinner!
- I'm glad that the hair designer realized halfway through this episode that Buffy & bangs don't mix.
- Let me guess... Is it... EVIL?
|Simon and Hecubus would be proud|
- SHENANIGANS! How did Buffy know where to find Angel? Hey, maybe he's on a hill somewhere looking at the town...
- The Angel/Buffy convo is so heartbreaking, all I can do is watch.
- Buffy small child like "what about me?"
- It's snowing! Even though it was just 80 degrees! It's a miracle!
- But...since when does snow mean the sun doesn't come up.
Zelda: "Strong is fighting. It's hard and it's painful and it's every day." - Buffy
Daniel: "Not everyone worships Santa" - Willow
- Dublin, 1838: Angelus was still "Irish." Other unspecified flashback, also still "Irish."
- Willow is still Jewish. When it's relevant.
- Joyce does NOT want Giles to come by for Christmas Eve Dinner. Because of SEXINESS.
- First appearance of Bringers/Harbingers and The First. The First is non-corporeal. "Nothing shall grow above or below them" - meaning, dead trees!
- Recurrings: Faith, Joyce, and Willy the Snitch are here.
- Confirmation: Oz is not a virgin.
- Grr Argh demon wears a Santa Hat.
Oz's Hair - strawberry blond
Dead Humans - 0
Dead Undeads - 0
Dead Flashbacks - 2
Giles Unconscious - 0
Giles Cleans His Glasses - 0
Buffy Breaks a Door - 1
Evil Reveal - 0
Unevil Reveal - 0
Shenanigans Called - 2
Apocalypse Called - 0