"Buffy and Riley's passionate lovemaking energizes supernatural elements inside a frat house."
- Ugh. Fine.
- Buffy, what are those pants.
|Those pants are ... really shiny|
- Parking lot! Do a shot!
- I do like that even this opening fight is arc-related though - the fact that a demon and a vampire are working together is part of Adam's grand plan of whatever.
- Sigh. This is the episode with all the Biley sex.
- I miss having Jonathan in the credits. Bring back those credits! This is a world without sunshine! A world without joy!
- MRS. LANDINGHAM IN THE CREDITS WHAT WHAT.
- So let me get this premise straight: this demonic repressed-sexual-energy force has always been in Riley's frat house? And the massive quantities of Biley sex just happened to awake it this time? Because I'm calling a big honking shenanigan on that. No way can you tell me a frat house, secret military base or otherwise, didn't always host massive amounts of sex. There's a stereotype for a reason.
- Poor Anya, assuming they're breaking up because they didn't have sex the night before.
- Why does Xander's ice cream truck have popcorn and cotton candy?
- Oho this time Tara's in pink.
- I like that Tara's been part of the Scooby meetings these past two episodes. Even though it's not an acknowledged relationship yet, it follows the pattern of central Scoobies' significant others joining the inner fold. And Tara's been in since she helped rescue Buffy from Faith's body (slash did that "Netherworld" spell with Willow)
- Thanks for the shot of Riley reaching into his drawer of condoms. Safe sex, kids!
- I really don't need all these sex shots.
- "Spike! What are you doing, you made me yell really high!"
- "I like my money the way it is - when it's mine."
- Aw, Anya and Spike bonding over their mutual powerlessness. Also how they miss killing people, so, you know, that's a thing.
- We never do get around to staking Dru, do we, Spike. We never do.
- Xander, stop flirting with the redhead. Just because you're in a fight doesn't mean you're not in a relationship. Step away from the redhead!
- Graham got a D in Covert Opps? How'd he get into the Initiative? Did he just meet the thickness of neck requirement?
- Orgasm wall, you are tiresome and awkward.
- Sadface, Tara calling Willow touching her disgusting. Go away, stupid spell! Stop gayhating!
- Haha Anya just brought Spike right into an Initiative party without warning him. He's so outraged.
- "You brought him here?" // "That's what I said! Only I hit the 'here' part." I love it.
- I like that Spike just gave up being nervous at the Initiative party and just sits there with a solo cup. "Hey buddy, you look familiar." "Yeah, I get that a lot." Spike badger don't care.
- I wonder if SMG was busy this week and that's why the episode is so Buffy-lite. Like, almost all her scenes are just her in bed with Riley. You could get that done in a day. [You could...D]
- Hey, an earthquake! Is an apocalypse nigh? Nah, it's just Lowell House freaking out.
- Random leather straps binding Spike to the chair. Sure, why not.
- Wait, how did Forrest yelling at Graham that they have to get people to safety transition to running away to the basement military base? Cowaaaaaaaaaard.
- Wow was I not paying attention to that Forrest/Graham/random Initiative scientist scene. Did I miss anything? Never mind, I don't care.
- Spike's offer to help - which he then talks himself out of - is actually a fair illustration of his current arc. He can't be who he was, and the Scoobies protect him, sort of - he's neither on the side of evil nor good, really, so he can go either way depending on his mood.
- GILES IS SINGING. I TOLD YOU EVERYTHING IS A MUSICAL.
- Also Giles has an earring.
- Stop freaking out about Giles singing, Xander. He sounds awesome. Dude has a CD and everything. Dude played Frankenfurter. Tony Head is the shit.
- Sigh more Biley.
- Mrs. Landingham! My favorite part of this episode.
- You are fucking creepy, Mrs. Landingham.
- Is the episode over yet?
- Nope, we still have to give Anya some really upsetting stigmatta.
- Emma Caulfield is really amazing as Anya, though, I feel like we should mention that. Even though I'm sure Daniel's already mentioned it.
- "If we grow old together, remind me to skip the midlife crisis." I LOVE THIS MOMENT BECAUSE HER FACE AS SHE SAYS OKAY BECAUSE SHE'S RECOGNIZING THAT HE'S IN FOR THE LONG HAUL.
- And she’s back to having the weird curly hair.
- And that’s one ugly sweater.
|How can she even fight in this thing? She must be so sweaty.|
- I love Buffy’s smile as watches Riley fight.
- Yes, please, Riley – take that ugly sweater off of Buffy.
- I guess Faith’s question, “doesn’t slaying make you hungry and horny” has finally gotten an answer.
- The music is very haunting.
- Ok, so the idea is that Buffy & Riley’s constant sex is what brought the ghosts back which in return made them hornier right? But the thing is…I mean this is a Frat House…with more than ideally masculine and fit guys…so you’d think this might have happened earlier. What with all the sex that must happen in a frat house. Or in college, in general.
- That’s a huge bathroom for a frat house…and awfully pretty and….clean. What with all the boys.
- Again, even though it’s sort of a one-off, this show finds a way to connect all the episodes in one long arc. You know, like life.
- You’re not subtle, Riley & Buffy.
- That guy is not in college! He’s 40!
- “You made me yell really high!”
- I like when two characters that don’t normally talk, have scenes together. I like Anya & Spike being friends and I think there’s a missed opportunity here. It’s like that one time…in the near future where Anya & Tara have that one conversation one time.
- I love the way they constantly make fun of the intellectual college boys on this show. Hey, it’s the guy from Beer Bad! Being just as skeezy.
|Same Douche, Different Episode|
- Orgasm wall!
- Hey! Xander, stop flirting. You have an Anya. You’re a dick.
- That’s an ugly sweater, Forrest. IS THIS AN UGLY SWEATER PARTY?
|I see your ugly sweater, Buffy, and I |
one up you.
- Xander: “This is crazy, we just had fight.” Is that why you’re flirting with Julie? Dick.
- “We have nothing in common, besides both of us liking your penis.”
- “Me too! Whoo hoo!”
- Seriously, who is their housemother, Martha Stewart?
- I wonder how Sarah felt when she got this script… She’s basically having sex the entire episode.
- Pretty cool shot of the bed. But…how can they be having sex with a sheet in between them…are they Jewish-orthodox?
|Also, they're like 2 feet away from each other.|
- Oh man, that ghost girl running through Anya is freaking creepy.
- Does Bailey Chase just not like being on this show? He always looks miserable. Is that his acting technique?
- The reaction to Giles playing at the espresso pump is amazing, though Willow’s expression is a bit cartoonish.
- "Oh, for a different Phrasing!" Archer would be proud.
- It’s a really cool, layered concept – It’s not ghosts, but a manifestation of all the negative energy amassed over the years. I love haunting stories that find different takes. Speaking of which, check out The Quiet Ones.
Shot of scoobies watching Giles sing:
Z: Wow, total LACK of expression from Tara. She's not even trying.
D: I think she's awed.
Z: She's blinking. She's just like "oh, are we looking at something?"
D: She says, "Does he do this a lot?" She doesn't know any different. Also, I think Willow's reaction is actually the one out of place - it's over the top cartoonish.
Tara: Did any of them. Um. Die in there?
Z: (makes a disgusted face) What a TERRIBLE delivery.
D: I disagree! I have no trouble with her delivery.
Zelda: "I know I'm not the first choice for heroics. And Buffy's tried to kill me more than once. And I don't fancy a single one of you at all. But ... actually, all that sounds pretty convincing." - Spike
Daniel:: “We have nothing in common, besides both of us liking your penis.” -Anya
- Recurring: Anya, Tara, Forrest, Graham, and - holy crap - one of the cavemen guys from Beer Bad - Roy, pontificating about language.
- Xander asks if every frathouse at UC Sunnydale is haunted - shoutout to Fear Itself
Anya's Hair - short, curly, honey-colored
Xander's Job - Ice Cream Truck Driver
Dead Humans - 0
Dead Undeads - 2
Giles Unconscious - 0
Giles Cleans His Glasses - 0
Buffy Breaks a Door - 0
Evil Reveal - 1 (Genevieve Holt, aka Mrs. Landingham)
Unevil Reveal - 0
Shenanigans Called - 1
Apocalypse Called - 0