|Me and Dru, we're moving in.|
"Buffy's mother and friends become trapped inside Sunnydale High School when a vampire named Spike launches an attack against the Slayer."
|Miss Edith speaks out of turn.|
- Sheila is chewing gum in the entire opening scene...but I don't think there is any gum in there! Acting!
- I like Willow in pigtails.
- Welcome to Sunnydale, Season two Spike!
- I love that saying "I was at the Crucifixion" is like a common vampire boasts.
- Dru is so freaking creepy. I love it.
- I love the whole moment between Dru & Spike when they're introduced. The scratch, lick, creepy smile. It really encapsulates their characters.
- I heard that they didn't originally know where Spike would be from and James Marsters played with a few accents including Southern American. I'm glad he didn't go with southern. [It was Cajun, I believe. - Z]
- Nice transition: Spike: "Is she tough?" Cut to Buffy combing her hair and saying "ow". Hee.
- Worst. Mom. Ever. "We moved once because of YOU!". Shut up, Joyce.
- "Je Stink" ~ I've used that.
- I love Spike acting like a predator, stalking his prey. Spike is smart. He studies his prey before he attacks.
- Why is Sheila going home with two gay leather daddies?
- Did I mention that I love Dru? And I love her creepy dolls.
- I love that Buffy cuts up the cucumbers with a machete. I did that kind of fake out in a tenth grade film project. Please note, this was pre-Buffy and therefore, I came up with it first. :)
- Aly Hannigan is great at physical comedy. I love her face when she tries the lemonade. Great timing too.
- Spike roaming through the halls of the high school. This...was when Spike was scary.
- This episode begins the Snyder/Joyce rivalry. Love it.
- Willow gets a bit vengeful in this episode. I love how she offers Cordelia the lemonade and also when she tells her to pray for aspirin at the end. Rowr!
- "You get the hell away from my daughter!" ~ OK, Joyce has somewhat redeemed herself.
|"Ask for some Aspirin." <3|
- "The Fire Marshall said it could have been mice." // "Mice." // "Mice that were smoking?"
- This is kind of a stupid plan, Snyder. "I know! Let's have the two biggest fuck-ups in school plan a party that is intended to make the school look good for all the parents! This can in no way backfire for my image with the School Board!"
- They're finally giving Willow some supercute quirky fashion and I likes it.
aay SPIKE IS HERE AND HE IS AWESOME.
- I remember when I thought combat boots were a good look. That was a strange time.
- I notice the Annoying One's voice doesn't have that weird echoey effect anymore.
- Fun trivia: Spike speaks so slowly in this episode because JM wanted to avoid the obnoxious lisp the vampire teeth give all the vampires (see: VampJesse).
- Oh Drusilla. You're such a complete nutbar. And not annoying about it yet.
- JM YOU ARE SO TALENTED I LOVE YOU. Such quiet menace, and confidence in his ability to tear everyone in the room to pieces, if he felt like it.
- Buffy is wearing her overalls. I thought those were for her depression?
- HAHAHAHA Giles tried to be authoritative by leaning on his fists on the table ... and got red paint all over his knuckles. I never noticed that before. That was awesome.
- Oh Buffy and her ineptness at French.
- Sssssssssssstalker Sssssssssssspike.
- This episode is just so well-crafted. Love the scene in the Bronze.
- Spike tells random dancing fools there's some big guy out there trying to bite someone. And .... they don't even blink. They keep dancing. For they are extras.
- Xander spazzing over the tampon - kind of adorbs.
- Spike does the slow clap. Because he's sassy like that.
- Um....why didn't Buffy just chase down Spike and kill him then? Why did she let Mr. Vague Threat just walk away?
- "Who are you?" "Who do you want me to be?" Spike is ... Julia Roberts?
- "Why do they call it a mace?" I love ya, Willow.
- Cordelia: "Even slaves get minimum wage!" ....No they don't.
- "Cordelia, have some lemonade." XD
- ...It's after nine. Why are there still any parents around at this hour?
- Yeah, Willow, beaning a vamp with a bust. You is awesome.
- And yeah on Buffy being her true hero self and taking charge right away, herding the civilians away from danger.
- Yay! We're in the action movie section of the episode.
- Snyder immediately says the vamps are a gang on PCP, which seems a pretty strong indicator that he knows what's what in Sunnydale. A fact which, unfortunately, is never really borne out.
- "Someone's in the ceiling." eeeeeeeeeeee
- I like Buffy's plan of action - she has to fight the baddies, but makes sure the person she can trust most - Giles - will get her mother out safely.
- Spike is so infuriated at the incompetence of his minions. It's kind of adorable.
- Annnnnnnnnnd Spike mispronounces Angelus and thus ruins the name for all of Season Two.
- I do really like Angel playing at Angelus in this episode. It's a great teaser for what's coming. And nice to see his dynamic with Spike.
- "Undead liar guy."
- Wait, did we not kill VampSheila? She just runs away. [She ran to Jessedom. Never to be seen again. Is that a thing? It should be. - D]
- "You think you can fool me?! You were my sire, man! You were my ... Yoda!" Spike is a nerd.
- "I just like them. They make me feel all manly."
- "The last slayer I killed, she begged for her life." - LIES LIES LIES. Neither Slayer did that.
- I don't understand why they never gel StuntSpike's hair. It makes his stuntstatus very obvious.
- "You get the hell away from my daughter." Hey Daniel, did Joyce win back some points from you? [Yes, as answered above :) - D]
- Oh Angel and your total lack of giving a shit whether Xander lives or dies.
- The police are also in on the vamp/PCP cover story. What is the up?
- I want to call a shenanigan on the fact that Buffy left for home without making sure Willow wasn't dead.
- "That sure as hell wasn't in the brochure." I just ... I love all the lines in this episode.
- Yay Spike coins the name "The Annoying One" for us ... just in time to kill him. Whee! Thanks Spike! We're all very grateful.
- "You should lay down your life!" Spike just looks at him, clearly not giving a teeny tiny crap what he has to say.
- Such an awesome way to kill the kid (and without showing a kid dying on screen).
- "Let's see what's on TV." - nice final line showing us that these are modern vamps we have on our hands.
Daniel: "Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example and will have no cakes today." - Dru. She's so creepy and wonderful.
Zelda: "What were you thinking? Or were you even thinking at all?" - Willow. This is one of my favorite moments in the entire series. (close second, because I also use it a lot: "We're hindering.")
Actually, we're just assuming that's a 90s thing. Are those still around? We're old.
- Spike and Drusilla's first appearance!
- Spike was at Woodstock.
- Spike killed two slayers - one during the Boxer Rebellion.
- Spike loves to brag.
- Drusilla is batshit crazypants.
- Angel knows Spike!
- First appearance of Miss Edith.
- Dru nearly died in Prague.
- Spike used to be known as William the Bloody, who tortured victims with railroad spikes. He's barely 200, younger than Angel.
- Spike calls Angel his sire. This is later retconned that a "grandsire" can also be called a sire. By that logic, The Master is also his sire.
- The last we will ever see or hear of the Annoying One.
Voiceover - Giles
Dead Humans - 5
Dead Undeads - 4
Giles Unconscious - 0
Giles Cleans His Glasses - 0
Buffy Breaks a Door - 0
Evil Reveal - 0
Unevil Reveal - 0
Shenanigans Called - 1
Apocalypse Called - 0