Episode 1.20: M.A.D. Original Airdate 4.26.05
Neptune Roll Call: Wallace, Logan, Weevil (Absent: Duncan)
Dead Humans - 0
"Veronica helps her friend Carmen plot revenge on her clingy boyfriend, after he releases a scandalous tape of her over the Internet. Meanwhile, Keith decides to track down the missing Duncan in exchange for the huge Kane reward."
- BEAVER IS HERE. I'd be more excited except WE KNOW THE FUTURE. Also he comes off douchier here than they'll write him later.
- And while Logan may not be contributing to the mocking of Veronica, he's not stopping it. But Veronica's in good snarky spirits and they're sharing secret looks and WE SEE YOU TWO.
- Also yay Carmen is trying to break up with her toolbag bf and he's blackmailing her with racy footage. Isn't slut shaming fun, you guys?
- Um so does this makeout session count as office hours, since we're in Veronica's Office?
- sidebar: I love how spinny their makeout sessions always are.
- "So I was all no way and he was like yeah way." She's amazing when she's in full ditz mode.
- So Tad is the absolute worst.
- And homophobic. [In other words, typical teen boy from that era -D]
- What a shitstain.
- Meanwhile, Weevil gives us a clue to the car Duncan might have fled in, making a deal for 8% of the finders fee. But since we know what happens to the fee, does Weevil get anything?
- Oooh it's time for the one-shot of Logan giving Veronica a mini tour slash making out with her.
- Man, the chemistry with these two.
- And the show is working hard to make Aaron seem reformed and kind of awkwardly nice BUT WE KNOW THE TRUTH, SHOW.
- Seriously, Beaver feels like an entirely different character than he becomes. I guess they hadn't decided yet; just dropped him in. I wonder if they already had next season planned yet. They can't have.
- I feel pretty not-great that Veronica's plan for mutually assured destruction with Tad is to frame him as a closeted gay man. I get that it's something he, with his homophobic ways, wouldn't like, but hey let's stop sanctioning that being gay is something to be embarrassed about, cool? Cool.
- Poor Keith. He think he's earning Veronica's admission to Yale, not knowing Veronica sort of already waived the fee, trading finding Duncan for Weevil's release from prison.
- "Maybe Duncan's smarter than I was giving credit." I know that feel, bro.
- Wow wow WOW Tad. Claiming he loves Carmen while blackmailing her into not dumping him. "You made me do it! And look, if you make me do it again -"
- Awww Logan brought Veronica her car. TRUE LOVE.
- Even if it's just a light dose, I always love when Cliff McCormack shows up. He is a snarky delight.
- Aw, Keith and Alicia are taking ballroom dancing classes. This is too cute.
- Oh lord Shenanigans! That that dude brought in a popsicle from home for the sole purpose of mocking Carmen with it, and managed to keep it UNWRAPPED in his back pocket until he saw her ... and that when he did, it was unmelted and not covered in lint. So many shenanigans, you guys.
- And here we see another foil to Veronica, much like Meg was. Veronica's impulse is for revenge, but Carmen recognizes it wouldn't actually make her feel better.
- Oh shiiiiiiiiit I forgot that the video of Carmen actually sets Veronica on her mission for the next episode - find out who drugged and raped her - because it was the same night.
- Hahahaha and now Mac wants her percent of the bounty too. Veronica's gonna disappoint so many people.
- Geeeeez Wiedman is threatening Alicia to break up with Keith or she might lose her job. And then she calls him Mr. Weed and it's amazing.
- Except he found the bug Veronica asked Wallace to plant.
- I see Weevil got his trademarked revenge on Tad, duct taping him to the flagpole.
- shit shit shit shit Tad got the drugs from Logan shit shit shit
- everything hurrrrrrrtssssssssssss
- Interesting, since the show ends with Logan looking disappointed and sad, stood up for his yachting date with Veronica, and not with his having any mien of malevolence or menace, the show is definitely signalling that he's not actually going to be the villain, at least not of what happened the night of Shelly Pomeroy's party.
- Hey, it’s Beaver!
- Aww, Veronica and Logan doing the “I Hate You” banter but giving each other SECRET LOOKS OF LOVE.
- Mystery of the week: Bad boyfriend blackmailing his girlfriend into staying with her with a dumb video.
- Logan & Veronica making out in her "office." Respect at work, Veronica!
- I dunno. There are so many flaws in this plan. Tad’s phone wasn’t even on. He can easily prove that to his teacher if he wanted to. Even if the phone was on, he could have shown that there were no missed calls. It’s just…such a stretch.
- “I volunteered to separate the recycling from the cafeteria trash” Seriously? And her teacher bought this terrible excuse?
- “Hi…Miss Fanell…”, she said through gritted teeth.
- Ugh, this “who’s gayer” back and forth argument between teenage boys is the worst.
- Weevil “We’re always owing each other favors aren’t we?” – That’s what our stats say!
- Logan’s already giving her rides – that’s boyfriend responsibilities!
- Oops. Veronica/Logan caught by Aaron.
- Oh man, Beaver’s streaked hair.
- They’re tricking us into thinking Aaron’s becoming a cool dad… Just wait.
- I hate seeing Veronica stuck in a car with Aaron, knowing what we know.
- I kinda hate this. Because the producers/writers think they’re being witty here. But all it’s doing is making me uncomfortable – using the only gay kid in school (that we know of yet) to get faked compromising photos/video to blackmail someone by making him think they’ll tell the world he’s gay. Gay as blackmail. GAY AS BLACKMAIL. It’s fucked. It works because it’s fucked. But no one’s thinking about the actual gay kid.
- Yeah, I’m kinda over this.
- Let’s concentrate on Logan & Veronica – because it’ll be years before we see a good healthy gay relationship on tv. Might as well ship the heterosexuals. [Hey. - Willow & Tara.]
- Keith and Alicia also make a cute couple. It’s just nice to see Keith happy.
- Well he released it anyway. That’s actually unexpected. And Carmen takes the high road.
- Mac and Keith meet!
- Clarence Wiedman telling Alicia who she can and can’t date. NOT COOL KANE SOFTWARE. That’s her personal life!
- Oh no. Logan Echolls is the one that gave Tad the GHB. A CROSS TO BEAR FOR LOGAN AND VERONICA? SAY IT AIN’T SO.
- Also, final joke/pay-back? A tattoo that says Seth’s name that everyone will see. HAHA YOU ARE GAY THAT IS FUNNY.
Zelda: "Tardy excuse slips. Date-stamped. Untraceable. I know people." - Veronica
Daniel: Logan: "What, like will we ever hang at the mall and hold hands and buy each other teddy bears with hearts that say 'I wuv you bear-y much'?" Veronica: "Yes, exactly that. Except I want my bear won through some sort of demonstration of ring tossing ability."
Neptune Roll Call: Wallace, Logan, Weevil (Absent: Duncan)
First Appearance: Cassidy "Beaver" Casablancas, Carmen Ruiz
Recurring: Dick Casablancas, Veronica's "Office," Alicia Fennel, Felix Toombs, Mac, Aaron Echolls, Cliff McCormack, Clarence Wiedman
Dead Humans - 0
Backup Sighting - 0
Veronica Breaks In - 0
Veronica Tases Someone - 0
Mac Hacks - 1
Who's Your Daddy? - 0
Wallace Does Veronica a Favor - 0
Mac Does Veronica a Favor - 2
Veronica Wants a Pony - 0
Logan Punches Someone - 0
Dick's Single Entendres - 0
Shenanigans Called - 1
VERONICA WAS RIGHT - 0
VERONICA WAS WRONG - 0