"A purity test being passed around Neptune High leaves Veronica's friend Meg humiliated, which leads Veronica to uncover who would want to ruin the reputation of the nicest girl in school. Meanwhile, Keith helps Wallace's mom with a tenant who refuses to leave, and Veronica has a shocking meeting with Lilly's confessed killer."
- "You crazy kids, the stuff you're into. Hula hoops, cramming into photo booths, visiting death row inmates." Cliff is marvelous.
- "I failed criminal law, and I still know that can't be good." Seriously, Cliff is the best.
- Man, what a cruel move, dumping Veronica's clothes in the toilet. She didn't even do anything to provoke anyone this time.
- But that means it's time to meet Meg, who is too Disney princess nice to exist.It is inexplicable to me that Duncan is here at the table with Dick, explaining the Purity Test - the inexplicability is that it's Duncan and not Logan. I mean, not entirely inexplicable, they were clearly having to make budgetary decisions, which is why we have our Neptune Roll Call, since the two Marses are the only regulars to actually appear in every episode. But like. No.
- What a great way for Veronica to meet Wallace's mom for the first time. "Did she invite me for supper?" // "Aw, no, it's not big deal. You know how many girls she's caught flashing me?"
|I see Veronica agrees with me about the Disney Princess|
- MAC IS HERE HI MAC I LOVE YOU MAC
- I also love your blue streaked hair, Mac
- "So that one day in your memoirs, you'll describe me as inscrutable." I seriously love her style so much.
- Our musical auditions in high school were in the choir room, not onstage, and they weren't on display for the other classmates auditioning. Our regular play auditions were, though.
- Man, the guy lodging at the Fennels is so freaking creepy. Breaking in to use their stove. And refusing to pay rent. I fucking hate this guy so much. Relying so much on how he can make Alicia feel unsafe.
- Lizzie sticking up for her sister to the douche boyfriend: A+. "You don't even like her." "Maybe not. But I love her."
- "I don't see how you do it ... does it bother you, the things they say?" // "No. Here's what you do. You get tough. You get even."
- gasp! Wallace's mom works at Kane Software. No wonder she doesn't like the Marses.
- Keith Mars being awesome and getting rid of the creepo tenant. "That's nothing. You wanna see crazy? You better pay attention, cuz this is gonna get good." And then he makes all the weird noises he can think of. It's kind of like when Giles first revealed his Ripper side, the realization of how scary and protective our show's dad can be.
- Our first Mac Hack!
- In the fake letter sent from Veronica's letter to Duncan, "she" confesses she had VD while they were dating, which reminds me why Logan/Veronica was always going to beat Duncan/Veronica - as far as ship names go, LoVe is better than VD.
- "You do have friends, Veronica." Yes, we know. Wallace and the absent Weevil. And now Meg!
- "I barely let me socialize with myself, I'm a bad influence." I love you, Keith Mars.
- oh man, it's so chilling when Abel reveals he knows who Veronica is. He may not be a murderer, but there's something scary/dangerous in a man who has nothing left to lose.
- And then he tells her Jake Kane is her dad and ohhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
- Hey! Touched for the very first time.
- Man, I love Cliff McCormick. “I failed criminal law and I know that can’t be good.”
- Omg, every single girl in the lockerroom is thin, athletic and blond.
- Hey Meg! We like her a lot until those moments where we don’t. But I think we mostly like her? [Sounds about right. - Z]
- Purity tests. I remember taking these. We took them in college.
- Here’s the sexism: Dick is blatantly talking about how much he’s scored and then in the next breath, calls Veronica a skank. Boys are ashamed of getting high purity/Girls are ashamed of getting low purity.
- Veronica is more self-aware than most teenagers I’ve ever known.
- Of course the exposure of these tests affects the girls more than the guys – they get slut-shamed.
- Hey! It’s Mac!
- There are about 4 guys in this hallway with shirts with numbers – which I think was a thing in the 2000s.
- Mr. DeMoy, IT guy - hottest IT guy I’ve ever seen. Ooh, and he has a French accent?
|I couldn't find a single screenshot of him in the show, so here's his headshot. You're welcome.|
- Wow, there are a lot of people auditioning people. There’s like a three-person panel.
- “Apparently I’ve pleasured the swim team…and” I don’t think purity tests are that specific.
- Come on Mrs. Wallace, let your son take care of things.
- She’s so damn smart.
- Meg’s boyfriend is such a tool. He’s also like thirty.
- Veronica says Porn Stash. But I prefer to think she meant Pornstache
- “Overstepping is your main form of transportation.” Pot, Kettle, Veronica.
- I wish they had developed Wallace more. He’s a good friend of Veronica’s and helps her out a lot but that’s pretty much his biggest thing. Every once in a while he has a problem that can be solved in a one hour episode, but he never really has a series arc.
- I don’t know how I feel about Keith going all Mob Enforcer on the Fennel’s tenant. On the one hands, he totally deserves it. On the other hand, it seems way too thuggish for him.
- Veronica’s IM name is: Life’s a Beach. I love it.
- “Why do you insist on pissing me off, Kimmie”
- Abel Koontz: I mean, I know he’s innocent, but he’s freaking creepy as hell.
- And here’s finally clue #3, that Jake might be her dad (and Duncan her brother). Ok, not so much a clue as being outright told….
- But this is the clincher for Veronica. She takes it hard because Keith Mars is the closest person in her life. He’s basically her whole life. He’s the hero that stayed.
Neptune High News Guy: Miss Poppum is hoping to bring a little bit of Broadway to the beach.
Daniel: ... what?!
Zelda: Wallace: "Why are you holding up your hands like that?" Veronica: "So that one day in your memoirs, you'll describe me as inscrutable."
Daniel: “Why do you insist on pissing me off, Kimmie” - Veronica
First Appearance: Meg Manning, Alicia Fennel, Darrell Fennel, Mac Mackenzie, Lizzie Manning
Recurring: Cliff McCormack, Dick Casablancas, Veronica's "Office," Mrs. Murphy, Deputy Jerry Sacks, Abel Koontz
Veronica's Alias: Ellen White, from Abel Koontz's hometown
Backup Sighting - 1
Veronica Breaks In - 0
Keith Breaks In - 1
Veronica Tases Someone - 0
Mac Hacks - 1
Who's Your Daddy? - 0
Wallace Does Veronica a Favor - 0
Veronica Wants a Pony - 0
Logan Punches Someone - 0
Dick's Single Entendres - 1
Shenanigans Called - 0
VERONICA WAS RIGHT - 0
VERONICA WAS WRONG - 0