- Claire is wearing a terrible baldcap/wig…
- That awful TA from the first episode also looks like he’s wearing a terrible wig.
|Definitely not Lucky who got killed last season. Totally different person.|
- I don’t get this – this oral presentation. Veronica is smartly using Weevil as her ‘audio-visual’ which her professor, Landry, I think would have been more impressed with. But I’m not really sure the point. Also it feels like it’s taking all class – there are like 100 kids in that class. They couldn’t possibly all give their oral presentations if it takes all class.
- It’s Halloween. You can tell with the cheaply put up decorations. Whose job is that? I don’t remember my university’s quad looking like this… It feels more like a HS thing.
- Hey, it’s Wallace. He seems like he’ll be used for more than exposition this time.
- Hey! Another on my soap: Jamie Ray Newman. She played Kristina, Alexis’s sister who got killed off way too early. But at least she’s had an okay career since then. She’s the dean’s hotter, younger wife.
- Oh shit, Veronica walked into a Halloween party that’s getting robbed by stereotyped burglers in president masks.
- Also, what is she dressed as? I honestly don’t have a clue
- I don’t know what Logan is dressed as either. But they’re obviously a couple’s costume.
|Does ANYONE know who they're supposed to be?|
- Me: AH RICHARD GRIECO! Zelda: Who’s that? ME: WHO’S THAT? Johnny Depp’s MUCH BETTER replacement on 21 Jump Street.
- Wallace’s friend quotes En Vogue as a life’s mantra – so I automatically like him.
- Veronica thinks Weevil is the culprit….but I don’t see it – it didn’t seem like Weevil’s build, as Veronica proclaims.
- I hate when Veronica accuses Weevil – she’s usually wrong. They’ve been through too much together, as Weevil points out.
- Yay, Cliff! I like when he guest stars.
- So Richard Greico’s the deadbeat dad.
- They find the stolen jewelry in Weevil’s car. And there’s other corroborating evidence. I still don’t believe it. I think Weevil was framed.
- Aww, I love when Veronica runs into fans. Danny from the pizza joint is one such fan.
- Cliff is having a meal with Keith at his office – they’re having…sandwiches. Why not.
- Uh oh. Keith’s in trouble.
- “If I don’t bring up the law, this won’t be considered a billable hour.” –Cliff
- “I can say half a sentence and get her to yell at me for three hours” –Dean. Marriage.
- The theater department is not amused with Veronica’s humor. Also, more college stereotypes. But seriously, where’s the stage manager? She’d be all over this.
- Oh Wallace. Your C-plot is annoying and pointless.
- So campus security did it. Yeah, he doesn’t really have Weevil’s build.
- I love that Back-Up knows instinctually who the bad guy is. He should be on all Veronica’s cases.
- So Veronica finds her necklace, grabs it off the shitty little girl. (yay!), Richard Greico saves his son’s life and exonerates Keith (and the Dean and her wife) (yay!), Weevil, too, is exonerated (yay!), and Wallace gets caught cheating…. (boo!)
- Wallace and Veronica have had no interaction in this episode – but there’s a cute email that we see on screen with the subject line “Snickerdoodleme”.
- Man, poor Claire. You can see how much she’s still hurting.
- Oy Tim Foyle is leading class today. My favorite pretentious tool. “Veronica Mars, why don’t you come down here and blow us all away.”
- Her presentation is … Weevil?
- "Dr. Landry said we were allowed audio visual aids. He’s both. Audio:"// "Yo." // "And visual:" //
- This is actually quite adorable, and I do always like when they let us hang with Weevil.
- Aw, Weevil recognizes that the necklace V is wearing is Lilly’s. I like when the show/characters remember her.
- Also shoutout to V being good at poker.
- It’s … kind of weird that Weevil is so upset V is dating Logan (again), and using Lilly as his reason (especially considering how close WeLo got in S2 trying to find Felix’s killer). I don’t get it.
- Dean and Mrs. O’Dell are hiring Keith for … something. This really is the smallest town.
- Ah, his stepson is dying … is this the same kid who trashed his car?
- We can’t tell what V’s Halloween costume is.
- Also wow the racist “latino” accent the thieves at the party are using. It’s gross. (yes yes he's doing Al Pacino's racist latino accent from Scarface, fine. but like ew stop)
- And they steal her Lilly necklace. V, with angry and scared tears in her eyes and a wry smile, “You’re gonna regret that.”
- Seconding Daniel, I have NO clue what LoVe's couples costume is.
- Oh and V is gonna accuse Weevil because of the racist accent the thief used and because she knows he’s mad at her over Logan/Lilly
- And he’s rightly mad: “I can’t believe you’d think I’d do that. To you. After all we’ve been though.” //“After all we’ve been through, can you really blame me?” // “Hey Backup, you can stay. Your girl’s gotta go.” Damn straight.
- YESSS CLIFF McCORMACK. And he’s doing delightful “I’m a voice actor” riffs and it’s perfect because his voice.
- Weevil: “Any reason why everyone suspects me for a crime I don’t even know about?"
- Seriously, I don’t get the renewed antipathy between Logan and Weevil (bc Logan’s being extra-tool-y too). I thought they reached a peace. I’m so confused.
- Ugh, Weevil’s gotten framed. “Or you could save yourself the trouble and take my word.” *both V and W laugh* “That was good. Well done.”
- Okay seriously who is Wallace’s new toolbag bad!influence! friend?
- Haha this pizza guy is fanboying all over V. “Remember when you …” over and over.
- “Hello Square One. Nice to see you again.”
- Oh right. The gross gum from the little shit kid.
- Dang, Botando the deadbeat stepdad is awol. I have no memory or investment in this plot
- “Excuse me officers, but if I don’t bring up the law, this won’t be considered a billable hour.” I love Cliff so much.
- And it’s the introduction of Max! I forget if we ever actually care about Max but I currently don’t.
- But also sigh Wallace this is a bad path. Cheating on the exam is not a good way to earn a degree. Because you’re earning nothing.
- The O’Dells are the worst? Like the worst.
- And the thieves were the Hearst security guards. That’s great. Just great.
- At least Weevil is cleared.
- And that little shit girl is wearing V’s necklace.
- As Wallace goes in to face judgement for cheating, Weevil is released from prison.
- Backup’s had three scenes this ep! He’s so busy.
- Gasp! How could Claire be that dude's girlfriend when she claimed not to recognize him in the photo?
Show: shot with weirdass poster in the background
Z: *stentorian voice* THIS IS YOUR GOD
D: Yeah, what IS that
Editor: Turns out the poster was designed by Shepard Fairey, best known for “Andre the Giant Has a Posse” and the Barack Obama “Hope” poster.
Daniel: "If I don’t bring up the law, this won’t be considered a billable hour." - Cliff
Zelda: "Had his dog put to sleep, and let the record show, the dog was quite surprised by this decision." - Cliff
Neptune Roll Call: Logan, Wallace, Sheriff Don Lamb, Weevil (Absent: Dick, Parker, Piz, Mac)
First Appearance: Mason, Professor David Winkler, Mindy O'Dell, Steve Botando, Max, Jenny Budosh
Recurring: Tim Foyle, Mercer Hayes, Cliff McCormack, Claire Nordhouse, Dean Cyrus O'Dell, Deputy Jerry Sacks
Future Famous Person: Dianna Agron
Already Famous Person: Richard Grieco
Generally Known TV Face: Robert Ri'chard, Jamie Ray Newman, Todd Bosley
Veronica's Alias: organizer of Camp Waterloo reunion (and so very southern); receptionist at a voiceover audition
Keith and Cliff’s Aliases: voiceover auditionees
Keith's Alias: Adrian Monk, building inspector
Danny the Pizza Boy’s Alias: Walter Wolfcastle
Logan's (Racist) Nicknames: Jose Lunchpail (Weevil)
Dead Humans - 0
Backup Sighting - 1
Veronica Breaks In -1
Veronica Tases Someone - 0
Mac Hacks - 0
Who's Your Daddy? - 0
Wallace Does Veronica a Favor - 0
Veronica Wants a Pony - 0
Logan Punches Someone - 0
Dick's Single Entendres - 0
Shenanigans Called - 0
VERONICA WAS RIGHT - 0
VERONICA WAS WRONG – 1 (Weevil didn’t steal her necklace)