PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A SPOILER-RICH ZONE

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A SPOILER-RICH ZONE. If your diet requires you to dine on television spoiler-free ... good luck with that.

REVIEW ARCHIVES

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Ooh, Tell Me More About This Band Dork

Episode 2.17: Plan B. Original Airdate 4.05.06

"Weevil believes that Thumper killed Felix and he asks Veronica to help him prove it. While Logan wins an essay contest and gets to intern for a week with Mayor Woody Goodman, Keith examines a video that was taken, apparently by a stalker, inside of Woody's house. Also, Wallace goes to the school's Sadie Hawkins dance with Jane, and Mac asks Veronica for advice on how to improve her less-than-romantic relationship with Beaver."



Daniel's Thoughts:

  • Let’s see who won the essay contest.  Hey, it’s Logan. Gasp.
  • Funny that his t-shirt says ‘slacker’ at this particular moment.
  • Nice continuity with Easy Rider, the movie Logan made Hannah watch the previous week.
  • Jane gives Wallace a kiss on the cheek and he doesn’t really seem that into it.  We’ll see what that’s about.
  • Hey it’s Weevil!  We haven’t seen him in a while.
  • Weevil says Thumper killed Bambi.  I mean Felix.
  • He wasn’t involved in the episode where Logan’s charges were dropped.  Weird since he was involved in that.
  • And hey, it’s Jackie!
  • And Wallace is kinda flirting with Jackie now, so I guess we know what that look was about.
  • Logan wasn’t kidding before…there really is a Sadie Hawkins dance.
  • Logan puts his hand on the bible and then recoils like it burns.  It’s such an old hokey joke but he makes it work.

  • I don’t really care what’s going on now, so I’ll tell you a story.  There’s a musical called “Guttenberg: the musical” about the printing press that I totally thought was a parody about Steve Guttenberg.   That is all.
  • Logan goes from school to interning to a stake out.  When is homework??
  • Veronica’s locker is unlocked?  She finds this okay?
  • Flirting is getting to a higher level between Jackie & Wallace.
  • I feel like this is the episode where they’re laying down the clues about both Beaver & Woody.
  • …showing Woody ‘innocently’ copping a feel on Logan.
  • The Fitzpatricks really are just irredeemable asshats.
  • Ugh, Lamb is so frustrating and I guess he always will be.  For about another year anyway.
  • Jessica Jones at spring fling!  Gia is so different than Jessica – she’s so great.

  • And Wallace continues to pay more attention to Jackie than Jane.  We never really got to see much of Jane, so I’m not too bothered.
  • Oh hello, Wallace kissed Jackie.  And I really like Jackie’s reaction.  I like that she doesn't want to be seen as that girl and Wallace is putting her in a really bad position.
  • I’d feel bad for Beav at this point, because I’d suspect what’s going on here….except we know what’s coming.
  • Crazy way for Thumper to die.  And he deserves bad things, but this, man.

  • I’m glad Wallace is stepping up and doing the right thing Jane – even if it did take a day.
  • And Jackie does the right thing anyway.  
  • Aww, poor Mac.  Everyone’s breaking up.
  • And is it poetic justice that Logan’s the one who accidentally kills Thumper?

  • I remember when Shea Stadium imploded.  That’s…the end of that story.

Zelda's Thoughts:

  • I can't believe Mrs. Murphy is playing a patriotic PowerPoint while she announces that Logan won the essay contest.
  • Oh Weevil's back. He's been gone for three years.
  • "This face? Right here? My over the moon face." I'd forgotten that this ep is what that line is from. 
  • Did V have bangs last episode or are they new?
  • "All right, tell me. Damn my curiosity!"
She's just so cute.

  • V pretends to do the shocker gesture and Weevil tries to correct her, and I would bet you so much money it's a nod to when Logan and Dick did that gesture earlier this season and the show got away with it.

because that's NOT the shocker gesture

  • Oh Jackie's back! And Wallace may or may not be flirting with her.
  • Though right now it's being framed as friendship.
  • Mac and Beaver holding hands, looking at the Sadie Hawkins banner, and she's being charmingly adorable and so is he but I HATE KNOWING THE FUTURE.
  • Logan's in full douche mode this episode, a flip flop from his angst of last episode. "Follow the bouncing ball: not my problem."
  • Woody Goodman's assistant is yet another Americas Next Top Model, as you can tell from her embarrassingly bad line delivery.
  • Hah I do love Logan's snap this episode, pretending the bible burns him, then once he's sworn in, leaving to fire Sheriff Lamb (I wish).
  • His grand prize is opening and sorting mail for the Mayor. How grand.
  • But luckily it means he found the threatening video taken inside the Goodman house. He thinks it's someone who's against Neptune incorporating, but shhhhh it's actually spoiler about spoiler.
  • Aw Mac's worried that her physical relationship with Beaver hasn't progressed beyond hand-holding and kissing.
  • Ugh I just. Woody having Logan spotting him while he lifts weights. Just. Logan's too old for his gross predator track record, but STOP FEELING UP LOGAN'S BICEPS WHAT THE FUCK

  • I mean also this is our first major red flag about Woody so obv it needs to be there and I know there's a lot more WHAT THE FUCK to be uncovered about Woody's activities. What a shit.
  • At least Weevil's prompted Molly to finally start questioning what the Fitzpatricks have been saying, and how much they were behind Felix's murder.
  • Oh mannn I forgot Veronica and Weevil bugged that conversation with the yellow truck Weevil gave to Molly. I mean, of course they did, but I'd forgotten that piece.
  • Lamb, once again the worst.
  • And Weevil warned us, if Veronica can't get justice against Thumper through the Law, he'll take care of it on his own.
  • Keith figured out that the video inside Woody's house was shot before the incorporation initiative ... so there's another reason someone broke into his house. And that reason is spoiler.
  • Shit, I forgot that a kid witnesses Weevil knock Thumper out and rob him (and set him up to get punished by the Fitzpatricks).
  • Welp, there Wallace is, dancing with Jane, and looking at Jackie. Don't be that guy, Wallace. Both girls deserve better.
  • Fuck, I forgot he tries to kiss Jackie too. DON'T BE THAT GUY, WALLACE.
  • And now he's making it seem like Jackie made the advances. DON'T BE THAT GUY, WALLACE.
  • Now they're both mad at him, as they should be.
  • I never really get why gifs of this dance between Logan and V are so popular. They're barely looking at each other, and she only dragged him up so he wouldn't start insulting Gia. Any chemistry port in a storm?
  • I remembered that Thumper got blown up in the demolition; I'd forgotten the Fitzpatricks put him there. I guess it removes Weevil one more step away from outright murder.
  • And Woody, a bad bad liar, lies badly to Keith about who's behind the creepy stalker DVD of his house.
  • But our Keith is no dummy.
  • Woody, complimenting V for coming in to help Keith on her lunch break ... from high school ... at 3pm (you can see the damn clock) ... I'd call a shenanigan but I think it's just another sign of how rattled he is, because he knows what that stalker video was actually about.
  • At least Wallace is coming clean to Jane.
  • Ugh ugh ugh. Mac "I don't know what I'm doing either." Beaver: "I know what I'm doing." Yeah, maybe when you're raping an unconscious girl.
  • And now he's being COMPLETELY shitty to Mac and pretending it's because she talked to Veronica about it. Fuck you, Beaver. I mean, we know how much I hate you because I know the future, but also fuck you for this moment in particular. Mac is the best and you don't deserve her.
  • Sigh. V got the trucker to finally ID Thumper to the police as Felix's killer, but it's too late: he's gettin' murderfaced.


Favorite Lines:

Daniel: 
Zelda:
(to Sheriff Lamb)


Arc/Continuity:

Neptune Roll Call: Wallace, Logan, Weevil, Beaver, Jackie (Absent: Duncan, Dick)
Recurring: Mrs. Murphy, Jane Kuhne, Thumper, Hector, Felix Toombs, Mr. Wu, Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie, Mayor Woody Goodman, Gia Goodman, Molly Fitzpatrick, Danny Boyd, Liam Fitzpatrick, Sheriff Don Lamb, Deputy Jerry Sacks, David "Curly" Moran, Foreman
America's Next Top Model: Furonda Brasfield (Beverly Simms)


Stats:

Dead Humans - 1
Backup Sighting - 0
Veronica Breaks In - 0
Veronica Tases Someone - 0
Mac Hacks - 0
Who's Your Daddy? - 0
Wallace Does Veronica a Favor - 0
Veronica Wants a Pony - 0
Logan Punches Someone - 0
Dick's Single Entendres - 0
Shenanigans Called - 0
VERONICA WAS RIGHT - 0
VERONICA WAS WRONG - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment